- Job Title
- Financial Analyst/Accountant
- Job ID
- ST PETERSBURG, FL 33701-3860
- Other Location
- Nationwide Remote Role
Financial Analyst / Accountant
Who is our client (or a little bit about them)?
Our client is powering retail media, with a personalized sponsored product and display ad technology platform for some of the world's biggest retailers across 25 countries. Their tech paired with a world class services division is driving retailer media sales and enhanced Ad Serving for retailers of any size. Now that’s refreshing!
In 2020, they saw an amazing year of growth for their organization, with the focus being on diversifying from their core platform/technology only offering and expanding into the retail media sector via services, as well as creating the largest US ecommerce grocery network. Each strategic move has meant more success and allowed them to continue to win against their competitors.
Their mission is to be the world’s leading retail media platform, with every aspect of our business being world class. They’re able to achieve this by living by their core principles:
- Gratitude, honesty, and transparency
- Show up
- Know the role you play
- Do less, deliver more, obsess
- Incremental improvements
- Take ownership
- Collective leadership
- Team before the individual and most importantly,
- Mutual respect
Why this could be your next big break:
Our client is committed to fueling their team members’ passion for creativity, collaboration, and desire to learn and grow. After all, it’s their people that propel them forward. If you thrive in a creatively open environment with a teamwork atmosphere, this may be the job for you!
The Financial Analyst is positioned to address the growing financial needs of the business. You will be working within the current finance team as well as the sales and operations teams to ensure reporting needs are met.
As a Financial Analyst, your role is centered around addressing the long-term financial needs of the sales and operations teams from an internal and external reporting perspective. You’ll be responsible for assisting in the invoicing process as well as providing financial support to the sales team on a day-to-day basis. You’ll also be involved in the development and implementation of various reporting methodologies as the company continues to scale.
About the role:
Liaison directly with the sales team and the client’s financial partners
- Maintain and improve the invoicing distribution and collections process.
- Work closely with our clients; handle invoicing requests on a day-to-day basis.
- Work closely with retail partners to ensure reporting needs are met.
- Build and maintain relevant reporting methods to assist in the sales decision-making process.
- Provide analytical / forecasting / reporting support on an as needed basis.
General Financial Reporting
- Work closely with the US Financial Controller to develop and maintain relevant reporting methodologies.
- Assist with the month end close process (high level journal entries, P&L analysis, etc.)
- Provide general support with ad hoc reporting requests as our financial needs continue to evolve.
As a Financial Analyst, you must have the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Ability to build, maintain, and improve financial models.
- Ability to work with and properly communicate with teams outside of the finance team.
- A strong understanding of Excel.
- Ability to learn quickly and independently.
- Clear, concise, and supportive communication skills.
- Strong organization skills – proving the ability to prioritize to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to problem solve focused on being solution oriented.
You Need to have:
- Experience with accounting software (QuickBooks, Xero, etc.)
- 4+ years of internal financial reporting experience (preferably FP&A/accounting), including exposure to financial statements, month end close, KPI reporting, and client facing reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields (Finance, Accounting, Economics.)
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience with HubSpot.
- Experience with collections.
- Experience with process development and management.
Why join our client?
Our client is all about their people. They’re one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals with expansive experience coming together to reach shared goals.
Above all, they’re committed to promoting diversity and inclusivity within the workplace. They want to ensure that no job applicant, temporary worker or employee receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender and transgender status, race and ethnicity, religion and belief (including no belief), marriage or civil partnership status or sexual orientation.
Simply put – they love their people and understand it’s each of them coming together to create a winning team.
By considering a career with our client, you’ll be a part of one of the most influential and growing tech companies in the industry.
Where is our client located?
Our client is globally headquartered out of Brisbane, Australia. Their North American headquarters is in St. Petersburg, Florida. They’re considered themselves a flexible employer and many of their team members work remotely in many areas of the world. In North America, a large majority of the team is located in Florida with many others in Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Pennsylvania, Toronto-CA, Vermont and more.