Licensed Practical Nurse (Full Time) Garden City, NY
- Job Title
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Full Time) Garden City, NY
- Job ID
- Garden City, NY, NY 11501
- Other Location
Top Dermatology Group is one of the nation's top-ranked dermatological care groups throughout the Northeast since 2010.
With over 60 offices throughout New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, they are not the largest practice in the region.
They are looking for per diem and full time License Practical Nurses
In this role, the successful candidate will assists the RN/LPN in the care of patients and families by completing assigned patient care tasks; provides competent, safe, and compassionate care with emphasis on an understanding of the challenges faced by hospitalization, undergoing procedures or diagnostic tests; demonstrates Core Values in all aspects of job performance.
Ideal Candidate will have previous experiore in a dermatology practice.
• Completes delegated responsibilities as directed by the Nursing Staff or MDs
• Observes general behavior and reports same to nursing staff to whom patient is assigned
• Assists in data collection and activities as assigned.
• Assists in maintaining safety and comfort needs of patients.
• Utilizes specialized skills and safety when carrying out specific tasks of patient care as assigned, including phlebotomy, finger sticks for glucose, and electrocardiograms.
• Demonstrates understanding of infection prevention and control standards.
• Assists in emergency situations as directed.
• Demonstrates an awareness of the needs and behaviors of specific patient age groups and different cultures.
• Obtain vital signs, weights, EKGs when needed. Assist with blood collection/phlebotomy as needed.
• Stock exam room/treatment rooms with medical supplies, linen, and designated chart forms.
• Ensure exam rooms and treatment areas are cleaned after each patient leaves and prepared for the next patients.
• Assures completion of patient charges as per policy.
• Clean and sterilize designated equipment after use.
• Answers telephone in treatment area and assists staff in scheduling treatments.
• Assists patients and communicates with Physicians to obtain prescription renewals as needed.
• Performs patient related functions as directed by the Physician and/or Registered Nurse (RN), and properly documents them including administration of injectibles and patch placement, set up for procedure.
• Communicates directly with patients regarding their care or treatment using appropriate terminology and respectful manner.
• Maintains and orders medical supplies. Maintains adequate stock.
To qualify you must have a Graduate of LPN program with current NYS OP LPN licensure and registration.
Required Licenses: LPN
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Areas of Concentration: Medical Services, Acne Scar Treatments, Acne Treatments, Cold Sores, Genital Warts / HPV, Keratosis Pilaris, Psoriasis, Rosacea, Types of Skin Cancer & Treatments, Warts, Dry Skin Eczema, Excessive Sweating, Mole Removal, Skin Tag Removal
Please send resume to email@example.com IMMEDIATELY!