Skip to main content
Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Data Engineer
- Position ID
- The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Other Location
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery,
re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data
sources using ‘big data’ technologies and tools.
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational
efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
• Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical
issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and availability regions.
• Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product
into an innovative industry leader.
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Competencies & Attributes for Success in this Role:
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Enthusiasm for working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to multi-task, problem solve and be a strong collaborator.
• Ability to think strategically to manage day-to-day implementation requirements.
• Ability to have face to face conversations co-workers and higher-level manager.
• Highly Motivated, Positive Attitude
• 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
• Experience using the following software/tools:
o Big data tools: Dremio (primary), Hive, Athena, Spark, etc.
o Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MongoDB (primary), MySQL, SQL Server, etc.
o Data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow (primary), Kubeflow, NiFi, etc.
o AWS services: EC2, S3, EFS, EMR, RDS, etc.
o Reporting tools, like: Power BI, SSRS, Tableau, etc.
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as
working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience building and optimizing data pipelines and curated data queries.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business
questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
Nice to Have:
• Experience using the following software/tools:
o Stream-processing systems: Kafka, Spark-Streaming, etc.
o Data Profiling and Data Quality: Informatica Data Analyst/Developer, Collibra, etc.
o Master Data Management/Identity resolution, either practical or conceptual
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and data lakes.
Benefits of Working with MP2 Energy:
• Competitive Compensation
• Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
• 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
• Disability Programs (STD & LTD)
• Employee Basic Term Life Insurance
• Vacation & Company Holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
*Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.