Skip to main content
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Customer Engagement Manager
- Job Title
- Customer Engagement Manager
- Position ID
- The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Other Location
Job Description Summary
The New Energies group in Shell is focused on leading in the energy transition towards a low-carbon future through
power/electrification, supporting our aim to power progress together through more and cleaner energy solutions. MP2
is an integral part of Shell’s global New Energy organization and with a mission to guide customers toward a better
energy future, by enabling customer choice and by providing market-leading energy solutions.
The Customer Engagement Manager is a key position on the MP2 Energy management team. This position will manage
all mass market customer support and be responsible for daily oversight and execution of mass market support services
including multi-channel communications (phone, email, chat, text, and other online support), inbound sales,
inbound/outbound retention, escalation management, and outbound communications. The position will manage a blended
customer service organization with internal employees and external partners. The Customer Engagement Manager
provides de-escalation support as needed and assists team members in responding to customer needs, including
complaints, inquiries, and requests, in a professional, timely and courteous manner.
This role will be tasked with ensuring Customer Advisor Agents perform to a high standard, delivering excellent customer service and continuously improving customer engagement metrics.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for creating policy, procedures and training documentation for developing best in class Customer Advisors.
• Manage all aspects of outbound and inbound customer service operations.
• Establish online support for chat, email, website, etc.
• Establish call center strategies and plans to achieve growth and customer service level goals.
• Deliver inbound sales campaigns and inbound/outbound retention campaigns through call centers.
• Execute outbound calls or accounts receivable and internal collections.
• Manage escalated calls and regulatory complaint processes.
• Actively promote the company and the value of its products and services.
• Responsible for analyzing call metrics and resourcing needs accordingly.
• Responsible for analyzing and acting on applicable trends or issues identified during day-to-day responsibilities.
• Responsible for providing de-escalation support for customer questions and concerns including working with other
departments to ensure the best customer service interaction possible.
• Support the ongoing development of customer engagement and customer loyalty strategies
Competencies & Attributes for Success in this Role:
• Critical/Analytical Thinking
• Highly Motivated
• Positive Attitude
• Quick Learner
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
• Ability to have face to face conversations co-workers and higher-level manager
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
• Comply with company policies and procedures
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or operations, Master’s degree preferred.
• 10+ years of experience, 5+ years managing call centers and customer service, specific experience in retail
energy B2C is a plus
• Deep experience delivering sales programs in B2C.
• Experience with proven results in the Retail Energy sector.
• Strong leader with exceptional coaching and development skills
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and time management skills
• Strong business writing skills and experience developing correspondence in a variety of formats
• Ability to multi-task, problem solve and articulate thoughts and concepts well
• Dedication to a premier customer experience
• Intermediate experience in MS Office Suites and MS Excel
• Ability to operate in a fluid environment.
• Self-starter, but also a team player, collaborating on decisions and taking actions to drive the best outcomes.
• Knowledge of ERCOT, PJM, MISO, NYISO, NEISO, PUC and/or TDSP/TDU standards
• Experience with ESG P2C and/or Excelergy (RevenueManager) billing platforms is a plus
• Knowledge in SalesForce ServiceCloud and Amazon Connect technology is a plus
Benefits of Working with MP2 Energy:
• Competitive Compensation
• Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
• 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
• Disability Programs (STD & LTD)
• Employee Basic Term Life Insurance
• Vacation & Company Holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
*Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.