Network Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Network Security Engineer
- Job ID
- Philadelphia, PA 19192
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a Philadelphia based client in their search for a Network Security Engineer. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- This position will provide operational leadership and vendor oversight on problem determination and problem resolution for security problems within the enterprise data network.
- This person will be responsible for driving problems to resolution through methodical troubleshooting and by working with our network and security support vendors.
- This position will ensure high quality security service delivery through daily monitoring of vendor performance, responsiveness to security problems, crisis management, and adherence to service levels and security service improvement initiatives.
- This position will be responsible for joint planning and vendor oversight for security-related change activity.
- A person in this role is expected to respond to high impact issues on a 24x7 basis, participating in a rotating on-call schedule with other team members.
- Provide operational tier II support for network security systems and infrastructure related to Web Proxy and security technologies.
- Provide leadership during Web Proxy and security problem determination efforts.
- Provide operational support for McAfee Web Gateway, Symantec Bluecoat and Zscalar technologies.
- Implement policy solutions and provide consultation on projects requiring security operational support.
- Provide planning and vendor oversight for changes.
- Operate and improve services in accordance with business needs, priorities and SLAs.
- Identifies security risks and exposures, determines the causes of complex security violations at the highest technical level and suggests procedures to halt future incidents.
- Responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security procedure is maintained for information systems, programs and data.
- Ensure uniformity of security service delivery and attainment of all business and customer objectives.
- Prior experience with a large enterprise network, preferably in the healthcare sector.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following technologies: McAfee Web Proxy, ZScalar, Symantec Bluecoat.
- Demonstrated experience with IDS/IPS technologies.
- Knowledge of security protocols and implementations.
- Experience in the use of multiple network tools, such as, SyslogNG, SevOne, Splunk, tcpdump and Qradar, for network troubleshooting and monitoring Well versed in crisis management and root cause analysis techniques.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.