Cloud FinOps Analyst (remote)
- Job Title
- Cloud FinOps Analyst (remote)
- Job ID
- Bloomfield, CT 06002
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a Bloomfield based client in their search for a Cloud FinOps Analyst. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
We are looking for an experienced Analyst to provide business and financial governance support for our Cloud Services, and to assist in managing the cloud spend and providing guidance on opportunities for cost optimization.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Support consumers in understanding their cloud bills based on their business goals and budget
- Provide summaries and detailed usage statistics for resources across public clouds, offering actionable intelligence to right-size and scale services efficiently Identify and facilitate opportunities to optimize, reduce cost and plans to realize the savings
- Build and maintain cloud usage visibility to proactively optimize workloads
- Provide early intervention, management and advice to consumers of the services
- Work closely with financial and billing teams on budget, forecast and expenses reports relating to hosting
- Oversee the cloud Billing Dashboard, and manage the cloud Compute Savings Plan and Reserved Instance purchases
- Create operational metrics to demonstrate costs and usage and assist with tracking with the necessary stakeholders.
- Lead regular cadence calls providing expert advice and consulting on cloud financial management activities Configure and manage cloud cost optimization tools
- Create and maintain internal documentation on FinOps and cost optimization processes and customer environments
- Experience in cloud expense management using the FinOps discipline
- Familiarity with cost structure of AWS and Azure products and services
- AWS Cloud Practioner experience preferred
- Real world experience with BI and/or cost tracking tools such as Tableau is preferred
- Strong ability to analyze and interpret data and provide insights
- FinOps or TBM certification is highly desirable
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and experience presenting formally or informally
- Tertiary education or experience in a Finance related discipline is recommended including budgeting and expense management