IT Service Desk Supervisor - Direct Hire
- Job Title
- IT Service Desk Supervisor - Direct Hire
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48108
- Other Location
Title: IT Service Desk Supervisor
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
This position will be responsible for monitoring and operating the company’s help desk. This will require directly resolving tickets as they come into the IT service desk as well as assigning tasks to other junior members of the IT department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Make sure that all requests into the service desk meet the SLAs for “first response” and “final resolution”
- Design, develop, and implement Information Technology (IT) solutions to various business, project, and operational needs.
- Develop and maintain system standards, protocols, policies, performance metrics, and training.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Assist IT Director in actively managing technical debt through cross-training and project planning.
- Ensure effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of hardware, software, and related infrastructure.
- Provide general IT support: install, configure, and maintain desktops, laptops, printers, phones, and mobiles devices.
- Participate in technical research and development efforts to enable solid operations and continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Manage engagement of incidents and communications received through Jira ServiceDesk.
- Participate in development and execution of site IT standards, procedures, infrastructure documentation, and change management solutions.
- Provide site IT project management leadership.
- Plan and prioritize work activities, using time efficiently and effectively; develop realistic action plans with consistent stakeholder engagement.
- Participate in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as required.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, outside contractors and vendors, and employees in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provide training and direction for staff on job related tasks and projects, including all areas of new and standard practices, policies, and procedures. Delegate duties and projects to staff as needed or requested.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer or business-related field, or equivalent IT certifications.
- At least 6 years of IT experience with not less than 2 years in IT leadership capacity.
- Working knowledge of computers (hardware and software), wireless technologies, Office 365, Active Directory, network architectures, and Windows operating systems.
- A successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions; troubleshooting complex problems; and effectively managing a local IT team.
- Must be highly organized and capable