Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
SaaS Project Manager
- Job Title
- SaaS Project Manager
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Summary: Project management responsibilities include delivering every project on time within budget and scope. Project managers should have a background in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis as well as software development or operations and maintenance of IT systems. Project managers are skilled at getting the best out of the people and projects that they oversee. They thrive when planning projects and working with project teams.
Remote work allowed.
Required Education: Bachelors Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 3 years, or 5 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Oversee the implementation of company software within the Department of Veteran Affairs
- Allocate resources to open project positions, effectively matching skills, maturity, and subject matter expertise;
- Collect performance feedback from peers, project leadership and provides constructive feedback to the resource;
- Meet regularly with full-time staff to discuss career development opportunities;
- Work with project and technology leadership to remediate project/staff issues and conflicts; escalate to direct supervisor as necessary;
- Develop a resource plan, taking into account roadmaps, capacity needs, current staffing levels, current and future skills needs, and core competencies to adequately and cost-effectively staff programs, projects, and resources while minimizing key person dependencies;
- Work closely with Human Resources (HR), Recruiting, third party vendors, and scope of work (SOW) providers to acquire resources in line with the resource plan, position rates, and duration;
- Lead definition of software design of new features and work cooperatively with Business Analysts and UI Designers
- Work cooperatively with Project Managers, QA, and Network Operations to ensure a successful, well communicated, high quality release
- Develop, mentor, and coach an engineering team to build a strong development team, increase team effectiveness, and promote individual team member’s growth
- Create software development schedules for features and releases
- Create software development LOEs for feature requests
- Define, improve, and promote software engineering processes and best practices
- Lead and collaborate with other members of software engineering group including our Software Architects in defining and maintaining product architecture
- Monitor technology trends for new opportunities and improvements
- Experience with VA project management processes
- SaaS project experience
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum organization; Well versed in agile software development techniques, conference room pilots, prototyping
- Experience in Federal contracting
- Experience in Health IT
- Exceptional decision-making ability
- High standards and results-orientation with a commitment to delivering high quality software on time
- Experience mentoring and training staff including software developers
- Experience working with remote team members
- Ability to build, maintain, and inspire a team
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with system integration technologies, service oriented architecture (SOA), web services, software design principles, tools and applications
- Experience with large scale web applications, system architectures, and data architectures
- PMP Certification
- Experience working on CMMI Level 3 programs.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Has high standards, results oriented, and a commitment to delivering high quality software on time
- Experience with mentoring and training staff