Sr. Firmware/Embedded Software Engineer (C, 16/32-bit microcontrollers, AUTOSAR experience) – Direct Hire/Permanent
- Job Title
- Sr. Firmware/Embedded Software Engineer (C, 16/32-bit microcontrollers, AUTOSAR experience) – Direct Hire/Permanent
- Job ID
- Novi, MI 48377
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Firmware/Embedded Software Engineer (C, 16/32-bit microcontrollers, AUTOSAR experience) – Direct Hire/Permanent
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is looking for a technical software engineer who is willing to take on leading in the growth of a world-class team. Our client is a leader in energy management systems in electric vehicles, In this role you will be responsible for leading the development of embedded software in a small dynamic team to support multiple actuator products to be used in electric vehicle climate systems. As a development lead you’ll be expected to represent software for the product development team. This is a great opportunity to build on existing skills and guide an excellent team to developing the best product in its class.
- Lead design and development of control software for multi-purpose actuators and valves (BLDC motor, Brushed DC motor controls, electronic valves & sensors).
- Technical project management of software development used in HVAC applications.
- Lead the implementation and expansion of a “common platform” software architecture that will support multiple product applications.
- Follow and support implementation of global engineering process.
- Support in the quoting process to identify customer requirements and analyze to product capability
- Interface with customers / stakeholders to identify product software needs and coordinate the development of requirements analysis.
- Drive development of improved software testing processes to an ASPICE capable practice.
- Provide technical expertise and mentoring to a team of embedded software engineers.
- Ensure all customer performance specifications and requirements are met.
- Provide technical expertise for motor control applications
Desired Competencies, Experience, & Qualifications
- Strong C programming experience with a proven understanding of 16/32-bit microcontrollers.
- Experience developing software in an AUTOSAR compliant software architecture is preferred.
- Familiarity with automotive communication protocols (PWM, LIN, CAN) and their design implications. Should also be familiar with CAN/LIN test tools such as Vector or Intrepid hardware.
- Experience with UDS or automotive diagnostics.
- Experience with Software Configuration, Release and Change Management is required.
- Experience with ASPICE development processes and a strong understanding of the development V-Model is required.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills is required.
- Excellent time management skills are required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language required
- Use of general electronics test tools (o-scope, soldering iron, function generator) to support software development and prototype testing activities.
- Significant experience with the implementation of BLDC Motor control strategies (Stepper / Back-EMF / SVM)
Education and Years of Experience
- 5- 8+ years’ experience developing embedded software is required.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical degree.