- Job Title
- Surgical Councilor
- Job ID
- RICHMOND, VA 23226
- Other Location
Our team is growing and we are seeking a highly motivated, service-minded, professional, to join our team located in Richmond, VA. An ideal candidate will be a hardworking, team player, with exceptional communication skills. The opportunity to learn and grow with us is substantial – we want candidates who are passionate about what they do.
This individual will play an integral role in the patient's surgery experience. The Counselor is responsible for administering practice marketing and business development for refractive surgery. This individual provides face-to-face screening, education, and counseling to patients regarding the benefits of IOL lens options, including elective options with advanced-technology lenses. In addition, the counselor is responsible for discussing cost and payment options for these elective services and providing meaningful insight into each procedure and how the procedure will impact their eyesight. For cataract procedures, discuss premium lenses compared to a standard lens.
1. Marketing/Business Development
- Implements the refractive marketing objectives and motivates support staff to participate.
- Participates in staff training on refractive surgery.
- Acts as key contact person for all refractive surgery inquiries, including those from patients, physicians, and staff members.
2. Provider Relations
- Communicates optometric referrals via follow-up correspondence, educational materials, and reporting.
- Maintains process for co-management of patients, including pre- and post-op protocols, forms for co-management, fee information and payment process, educational materials and optometric staff training.
- Impliments OD co-management manual, working with the physicians to ensure appropriate protocols are included in the manual.
3. Administrative Duties
- Maintains and monitors internal systems (i.e., tracking of new patient scheduling, patient correspondence, marketing budget, and referral source follow-up).
- Maintains an internal patient database; identifies target patients for mailings and telephone calls.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Influential motivator.
- Knowledge in laser vision correction.
- Computer literacy.
- Team orientation.
- Strong organization with attention to detail.
- Highly professional image.
- Management of multiple projects simultaneously.
Education and Experience:
- College degree including business-related courses (sales/marketing emphasis preferred).
- One to two years of ophthalmic/optometric experience preferred.
- One to two years of sales experience preferred.