DevOps Engineer – Various experience levels (100% Remote) – Direct Hire/Permanent
- Job Title
- DevOps Engineer – Various experience levels (100% Remote) – Direct Hire/Permanent
- Job ID
- Plymouth, MI 48170
- Other Location
Title: DevOps Engineer – Various experience levels (100% Remote) – Direct Hire/Permanent
**Must have public cloud experience – AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud**
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
· Expertise in Shell Scripting, Linux, GIT and web services is required as a foundation.
· Must be fluent or near fluent in 1 or more Object Oriented language: Python, Ruby, Groovy, NodeJS, TypeScript
· GO is a nice to have
· 5+ years of experience in areas of Software Configuration Management, Version Control, Build and Release management, Change management, Cloud Integration
· In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes, Containers, and Functions
· In-depth knowledge of DevOps practice methodologies and software delivery from commit to production
· Experience with composable Pipeline as Code in AWS Pipelines/CodeBuild and/or Azure Pipelines, Jenkins(X), or similar
· Automated application deployment in the cloud using Serverless and Container technology using AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, AWS Fargate, and the cloud native Kubernetes distribution.
· Created and managed a code deployment pipeline for custom application in the cloud using.
· Experience with IAC such as: TerraForm, Serverless.com, AWS CDK, AWS CloudFormation, Azure ARM, Cloud SDK and APIs
· In-Depth background with one Config as Code DSL: Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet
· Passionate about software development
· Write complex code, building infrastructure as code, work with immutable “cloud” based environments, and build the supporting automated tool sets to test and deploy the systems developed.
· Contribute to the code base of custom Application Orchestration tooling
· Design, develop, and implement solutions that align with DevOps methodologies, based on a set of standards and processes which establishes consistency across the enterprise.
· Participates in the integration of projects into operations including instrumentation, automation, standardization, and methods/procedures.
· Provide DevOps Coaching and or Consulting to assist the IT organization on their journey to rapid change coupled with higher uptime by implementing optimized quality guidelines and standards across the enterprise.
· Participate in the development of Disaster Scenario and Chaos strategy and its implementation where resiliency is exercised daily as part of the development process.
· Ensure a security first approach to adherence to best practices and guidelines.
· Evaluates existing and new software products and tools for best fit within the constraints of the client’s IT Organization through the lens of a DevOps Practice.
· Help in developing solid performance engineering and test automation solutions for complex projects.
· Participate in legacy application porting to Cloud.#LI-CB1