- Job Title
- Logistics Coordinator
- Job ID
We are working with a fast growing, innovative, fresh homestyle bakery! To continue their rapid growth, our client is hiring a talented Supply Chain Coordinator who is tech savvy in food industry software. This individual will work the Logistics Manager procuring raw materials and ingredients to support all manufacturing, distribution, and transportation needs.
· Responsible for managing inventory and supply sources to support bakery manufacturing and anticipated demand.
· Assist in the purchase of materials and services; following up with vendors and ensuring purchase orders are correct.
· Coordinate with the logistics and operations teams to ensure the quality of the purchased materials and services.
· Manage material cost/risk through a number of methods including service/supply agreement negotiations.
· Coordinate inbound and outbound shipments.
· Compile KPI statistics on supplier performance, anticipate and address potential deficiencies.
· Develop, update and maintain best practice and procedures.
· Implement and Maintain an approved supplier database.
· Enforce all safety rules, precautions, and practices including but not limited to: HACCP guidelines and GMPs, SQF code standards and protocol, Food Safety and Food Quality issues.
· Completes all required paperwork documentation timely, accurately, and efficiently.
· 2-5 years of overall logistics and supply chain experience in food industry
· High proficiency in Excel with an understanding of ERP systems.
· Strong technological background dealing with supply chain/logistics software
· Ability to manage complex & time-sensitive supply chain processes.
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to work well on a team and take initiative.