A Mid-Atlantic based Ophthalmology and Optometry management services company.
- Job Title
- Charge Nurse
- Job ID
- WILLIAMSBURG, VA 23188
- Other Location
This individual is responsible for assisting the practice administrator in the smooth functioning of all aspects of operations, finances, human resources, and statistics. Maintains productivity, goals and workflows for the center. Solves problems collaboratively and creatively solves business problems in coordination with the practice manager
- Assists practice administrator with smooth operations and efficiency of the ASC operations.
· Participates in all management team meetings.
· Maintains current knowledge of all insurance policies and contracts.
· Champions and leads continuous improvement efforts within facility and through assigned staff
· Tracks strategic initiatives by monitoring progress toward meeting goals and achieving benchmarks
· Maintains regulatory compliance and is responsible for maintenance of licenses/certifications, primary source validation, proper credentialing with health system medical staff office and payers
· Manages departmental expenses cost effectively, monitors revenue cycle operations, volume and revenue generation to assure practice budgets are met and provider subsidies are kept to a minimum
· Works closely with senior management to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies
· Maintains inventory and supplies
- Attends regional and divisional meetings, as required.
- Works closely with the CEO to promote the utilization of the Surgery Center
- Other duties as assigned based on business operational needs
2. Staff Management
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, educating, counseling, developing, and improving the performance of patient-centered staff
- Manages staff to accountability and productivity goals
- Institutes effective workflows throughout center and reassigns staff as workflow demands
- Creates and maintains weekly staff schedules
- Participates in annual operating and capital budgeting and provider and employee recruitment and onboarding
- Conducts staff meetings at regular intervals for informative and educational purposes
- Assures safe work practices are used by all associates of the center and promotes a positive work attitude within the department and treats associates with respect, dignity, and fairness while maintaining accountability
- Manages patient staff time and attendance including PTO requests and scheduling
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of payroll and forward to corporate for processing. Approves weekly time sheets. Reconciles time reports prior to bi-weekly payroll
- Promotes customer service in all aspect of operations
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Excellent communication skills, proper grammar, and letter writing ability.
2. Human resource development and management skills.
3. Computer literate (i.e., accounting software, spreadsheets).
4. Competency in problem solving and decision-making.
5. Ability to delegate and supervise successfully.
6. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
7. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
8. Ability to work as a team player.
1. Excellent judgment, dependability, and conscientiousness.
2. Demonstrated high ethical standards and integrity.
3. Demonstrated attention to detail
4. Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
5. Customer and patient service orientation: prompt response to patient needs and ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations with tact, empathy and diplomacy
6. Professionalism: displays positive outlook and pleasant manner, does not instigate or participate in office gossip or negativity, keeps commitments, dresses appropriately and is well groomed.
7. Ability to work cooperatively in group situations; offers assistance and support to coworkers, actively resolves conflicts, inspires trust of others, and treats patients and coworkers with respect.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.A. in Business Administration, clinical or health administration
- Minimum two years of experience in a medical practice, clinic or relevant work environment
- Minimum five years progressive supervisory or management level experience
- Associates degree in a related field required; equivalent education/work experience may be considered
- Basic proficiency using PC based applications, including Microsoft Office
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public
7. Strong leadership and business operations experience required
8. Understanding of and/or experience with relevant federal and state employment laws
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to environmental risk of radiation exposure, and biohazard exposure.