A Mid-Atlantic based Ophthalmology and Optometry management services company.
Patient Services Coordinator
- Job Title
- Patient Services Coordinator
- Job ID
- WILLIAMSBURG, VA 23188
- Other Location
We are a fast-paced ophthalmology practice in Williamsburg, VA seeking a qualified individual to fill a full-time Patient Services Coordinator position. This position acts as the patient’s first point of contact, welcoming them into the facility and providing a positive patient experience. Primary duties include checking-in and out patients, answering multiple telephone lines, records management and other front desk duties. Ideal candidate will have outstanding telephone, secretarial, communication and computer skills. Must be organized, multi-task oriented, energetic and possess a positive, and professional attitude.
- Answers incoming calls on a multi-line phone system, responds to inquiries, and makes outbound calls to patients promptly and courteously
- Registers patients and verifies patient records are up-to-date and accurate
- Verifies personal and insurance information for services and procedures
- Schedule appointments and procedures
- Reschedule missed appointments and cancelations
- Organizes and maintains patient charts
- Processes medical record requests
- Collects and processes payments from patients
- Balances cash drawer daily
- Conducts daily reconciliation of cash report and monies collected
- Completes other functions as requested by management
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong communication and out-going, positive interpersonal skills
- Empathetic personality with attention to patient’s needs
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail; ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work as a team member and uphold organizational standards and values
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Excellent judgment, dependability, and diligence
- Demonstrated high ethical standards and integrity
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality
- Customer and patient service orientation: prompt response to patient needs and ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations with tact, empathy and diplomacy
- Professionalism: displays positive outlook and pleasant manner, does not instigate or participate in office gossip or negativity, keeps commitments, dresses appropriately and is well groomed
- Ability to work cooperatively in group situations; offer assistance and support to coworkers, actively resolves conflicts, inspires trust of others, and treats patients and coworkers with respect
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of high school education or GED.
- One year of office experience, medical or ophthalmology preferred.
- Ability to become quickly proficient on various computer and electronic health record systems, order processing systems, and word processing software.
JOB DETAILS & BENEFITS
- Seeking full-time applicants
- Full-Time employees are eligible for:
- Medical, Dental, and 401(k) through the company
- Generous PTO plans and paid holidays