Call Center Manager
- Job Title
- Call Center Manager
- Job ID
- Lynchburg, VA 24503
- Other Location
The call center is often the first point of contact with Atlantic Vision Partners and plays an essential role creating a welcoming, quality patient experience. We are looking for a skilled call center manager who can lead our representatives to better performance and improve service quality. The call center manager will assist in establishing call center objectives, oversee the daily operations of their team, analyze call center data, and focus on improving performance and processes in an effort to better support our patients. Ideal candidate will have exceptional communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills. To be a successful call center manager, you should be observant and detail-oriented and possess an understanding of the issues representatives are facing on the floor.
- Hiring, training, coaching, and leading call center representatives as they provide support for patients
- Answering representative’s questions, guiding them through difficult calls or issues, diffusing angry patients, or handling issues that cannot be fielded by representatives
- Analyze call center data and prepare reports for upper management.
- Evaluate staff effectiveness and performance annually or on an at-need basis.
- Prepare work schedules to ensure sufficient coverage.
- Acute focus to manage and maintain the scheduling templates.
- Forecasting potential schedule conflicts and proactively communicating with the Practice Manager to minimize inefficiency and/or a poor patient experience.
- Answers and manages large amounts of incoming patient and provider calls professionally and effectively.
- Documents call details clearly and concisely in alignment with AVP standards
- Enters patient data into registration and medical records systems.
- Obtains necessary information from patients, physicians, and/or staff to identify prerequisites and time requirements for scheduling specific appointments.
- Schedules patient initial and follow up appointments ensuring efficient use of provider time and the appropriate care for patients
- Communicates scheduling changes to patients, staff, physicians and patient representatives in a timely and professional manner.
- Modifies the schedule to accommodate emergency situations.
- Provides patients with pre-service instructions and confirms appointment details
- Investigate and direct patient inquiries to appropriate medical staff members and follow up to ensure satisfactory resolution
- Collect and report data on topics such as patient encounters and inter-organizational problems, making recommendations for change when appropriate
- Exercises utmost diplomacy and tact to provide excellent customer service for patients
- Initiate and maintain strong communication between Clinic Lead and Practice Manager, ensuring tactful solutions are created and implemented that benefit the overall clinic flow and patient experience.
- Practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in all activities in compliance with AVP policies and HIPAA requirements.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication, leadership, and out-going, positive interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Empathetic personality with attention to patient’s needs
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail; ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to lead a team and encourage staff to uphold organizational standards and values.
- Customer and patient service orientation: prompt response to patient needs and ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations with tact, empathy and diplomacy
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure, especially during peak hours or intense situations.
- Exceptional interpersonal, customer service, problem-solving, verbal and written communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of management principles and familiarity with company services and policies.
- Strong coaching and leadership skills, ability to motivate employees.
- Decisiveness and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with the necessary technology, including computers, software applications, phone systems, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of high school education or GED. One to three years office experience, medical or ophthalmology required. Medical terminology helpful. Certificate(s) in medical office administration or similar is bonus. Ability to become quickly proficient on various computer and electronic health record systems.
JOB DETAILS & BENEFITS
- Seeking full-time applicants
- Full-Time employees are eligible for:
- Medical, Dental, and 401(k) through the company
- Generous PTO plans and paid holidays