A Mid-Atlantic based Ophthalmology and Optometry management services company.
- Job Title
- Optical Technician
- Job ID
- TAPPAHANNOCK, VA 22560
- Other Location
Atlantic Vision Partners is a Mid-Atlantic based Ophthalmology and Optometry management services company focused on developing partnerships that promote growth, stability, and the continuum of care through nourishing relationships between ophthalmologists and optometrists. We are seeking a talented Optician to add to our growing family in our Lynchburg area practices.
Design, measure, fit, and adapt lenses and frames for client according to written optical prescription or specification. Assist clients with selecting frames. Measure customers for size of eyeglasses and coordinate frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions. Prepare work order for optical laboratory containing instructions for grinding and mounting lenses in frames. Verify exactness of finished lens spectacles. Adjust frame and lens position to fit client. May shape or reshape frames.
- Work directly with customers to help meet all their eyewear needs
- Help customers choose the best frames and lenses based on their prescription needs, face fit, personal style, and lifestyle
- Expertly explain prescription terminology and product offerings to customers in terms
- Verify insurance eligibility and maximize savings for the customer
- Take and record measurements using proper measuring devices, adjust and fit eyewear, and execute these details with flawless accuracy
- Create work orders, documentation, grinding instructions for lenses for lab technicians to ensure delivery of the proper lens
- Check that the finished eyewear meets AVP’s optical standards, as well as customer requirements and requests
- Maintain records of customer prescriptions, work orders, and payments
- Perform adjustments and minor eyeglass repair
- Work with the practice team to make sure all customers receive exceptional service
- Work with sales representatives on maintaining suitable inventory to meet customer needs
- Arrange and maintain display of optical merchandise
- Keep current with trends, brands, eyewear, and lens technology
- Collaborate with the practice team to form best practices for sales and customer service that can be implemented throughout the organization
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sales and customer service ability
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Empathetic personality with attention to patient’s needs.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail; ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work as a team member and uphold organizational standards and values.
- Ability to manage time effectively to
- Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipment
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Ability to perform basic math skills (e.g., percentages, order of operations)
- Excellent judgment, dependability, and conscientiousness.
- Demonstrated high ethical standards and integrity.
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Customer and patient service orientation: prompt response to patient needs and ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations with tact, empathy, and diplomacy
- Professionalism: displays positive outlook and pleasant manner, does not instigate or participate in office gossip or negativity, keeps commitments, dresses appropriately, and is well-groomed.
- Ability to work cooperatively in group situations; offers assistance and support to coworkers, actively resolves conflicts, inspires trust of others, and treats patients and coworkers with respect
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of high school education or GED. Prefer completion of optician apprenticeship and certification through the American Board of Opticianry. Candidates should have three to five years experience. Prior experience with electronic health records is also a plus.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk frequently; sit frequently; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls frequently; reach with hands and arms, ability to keep hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position; talk and hear and communicate with speech clarity continually; climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend occasionally. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds occasionally.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception.
Work environment: Setting typical of an optometry practice with office type features.
Job Details & Benefits:
- Full-Time employees are eligible for:
- Medical, Dental, and 401(k) through the company
- Generous PTO plans and paid holidays
- This position may require travel, and the employee will be compensated for travel