- Job Title
- Job ID
- MECHANICSVILLE, VA 23111
- Other Location
We are seeking a motivated, friendly, and driven professional to join our Optometry clinic located in Mechanicsville, VA. Training will be provided to the right candidate.
This is your opportunity to join a growing ophthalmology and optometry practice a the ground floor!
Design, measure, fit, and adapt lenses and frames for client according to written optical prescription or specification. Assist client with selecting frames. Measure customer for size of eyeglasses and coordinate frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescription. Prepare work order for optical laboratory containing instructions for grinding and mounting lenses in frames. Verify exactness of finished lens spectacles. Adjust frame and lens position to fit client. May shape or reshape frames.
- Work directly with customers to help meet all their eyewear needs
- Help customers choose the best frames and lenses based on their prescription needs, face fit, personal style, and lifestyle
- Expertly explain prescription terminology and product offerings to customers in terms
- Verify insurance eligibility and maximize savings for the customer
- Take and record measurements using proper measuring devices, adjust and fit eyewear, and execute these details with flawless accuracy
- Create work orders, documentation, grinding instructions for lenses for lab technicians to ensure delivery of the proper lens
- Check that the finished eyewear meets AVP’s optical standards, as well as customer requirements and requests
- Maintain records of customer prescriptions, work orders, and payments
- Perform adjustments and minor eyeglass repair
- Work with the practice team to make sure all customers receive exceptional service
- Work with sales representatives on maintaining suitable inventory to meet customer needs
- Arrange and maintain display of optical merchandise
- Keep current with trends, brands, eyewear, and lens technology
- Collaborate with the practice team to form best practices for sales and customer service that can be implemented throughout the organization
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sales and customer service ability
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Empathetic personality with attention to patient’s needs.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail; ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work as a team member and uphold organizational standards and values.
- Ability to manage time effectively to
- Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipment
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Ability to perform basic math skills (e.g., percentages, order of operations)
- Excellent judgment, dependability, and conscientiousness.
- Demonstrated high ethical standards and integrity.
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Customer and patient service orientation: prompt response to patient needs and ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations with tact, empathy and diplomacy
- Professionalism: displays positive outlook and pleasant manner, does not instigate or participate in office gossip or negativity, keeps commitments, dresses appropriately and is well groomed.
- Ability to work cooperatively in group situations; offers assistance and support to coworkers, actively resolves conflicts, inspires trust of others, and treats patients and coworkers with respect.
Minimum of high school education or GED. Prefer completion of optician apprenticeship and certification through the American Board of Opticianry. Candidates should have three to five years experience. Prior experience with electronic health records is also a plus.