- Job Title
- AS400 Engineer/Administrator
- Job ID
- Windsor, CT 06095
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a Windsor based client in their search for an AS400 Engineer/Administrator in a remote capacity. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
Senior IBM i(AS400) Engineer/Administrator who manages troubleshooting and resolution of infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, and customer expectations.
- IBM i(AS400) operating system - 7.2 including applying PTFs, OS upgrades and Backup and IPL strategies.
- IBM i(AS400) Command Line programming.
- Third Party Vendor Software Upgrades.
- IBM Power hardware with VIO virtulization - including enterprise class Power 8 and Power 9.
- Virtualization with PowerVM - VIO including N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) and Shared Ethernet Adapter (SEA).
- Management tools including HMCs.
- Backup and recovery DR/DCT.
- Networking, VLAN tagging, etherchannel.
- Experience with IBM BRMS, Robot/SCHEDULE, Robot/CONSOLE, Robot/NETWORK, MiMiX.
- Synthesizing a number of separate but related data points (connect the dots)
- SQL on IBMi
- Aldon CMS
- Knowledge of IBMi security
- Knowledge of IBMi Network Setup and Configuration
- SAN storage (HDS, SVC, EMC), including replication, host based storage migrations