Sr. Salesforce Test Automation Engineer (100% Remote) - Contract to hire
- Job Title
- Sr. Salesforce Test Automation Engineer (100% Remote) - Contract to hire
- Job ID
- Allen, TX 75013-2790
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Salesforce Test Automation Engineer (100% Remote)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Description & Requirements
The Business Application Transformation department within Tech Services is looking for a Senior Salesforce Test Automation Engineer to join the team. This newer team is being built from the ground up to replace outdated applications, processes, methodologies, and other types of tools and technologies. Your role is to incorporate efficiency of testing through automation while ensuring that quality remains intact. You will design, build, and refine automation tests for web and mobile applications, data management, and integrations, all of which impact clients, partners, and internal employees.
A successful candidate for this role is someone who is known to be:
- Motivated. You take initiative and get things done within aggressive deadlines.
- Passionate about your work, Driven to learn new things, and Eager to work hard.
- Flexible. What we did yesterday may not be how we do it today.
- Observant enough to notice when something could benefit from automation, and Imaginative enough to think through ways to accomplish it.
- Meticulous in thinking broadly and preventing gaps, ensuring high-quality solutions.
- Comfortable and Inspired by a strong team environment with a focus on collaboration, where often the best solution is a hybrid of several team members' ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Minimum of six years of experience dedicated to the automation of software testing.
- Two or more years of experience with SmartBear.
- Three or more years of experience working within the DevOps philosophy, and a capability of working with and encouraging those that are newly adopting it.
- Experience with BDD and Data Driven test automation.
- Experience automating for web and mobile UI, APIs, and the creation of tests for unit, functional, regression, performance and load testing.
- Two years of experience with Salesforce Lightning Experience.
- One year of experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps.
- Direct experience setting up the infrastructure within the CI/CD pipeline for continuous testing.
- Must be able to collaborate successfully with product team on planning and requirements, and then work independently to design, build, monitor and report on automated testing.
- Provides analysis, organized design and development of reusable automated scripts and manual regression test plans for a variety of interfaces. Maintains automated scripts. Develops complete automation frameworks consisting of functional libraries, adhering to coding standards.
- Schedules and performs testing as assigned; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected; tests corrected code. Tracks defects.
- Assists in planning, scheduling and implementing multiple automation projects. Coordinates and monitors automation projects from initiation through delivery. Ensures that automation projects are completed on schedule and within budget. Evaluates corporate products/systems and determines ideal candidates for automation and supplies appropriate strategies.
- Serves as liaison between automated and non-automated teams in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Prepares automated test plans and test scripts for software corrections and enhancements. May review test plans and test reports for review and feedback.
- Analyzes script results and reports issues as requested. Performs code reviews of automated scripts from team members.
- Uses automated Quality Assurance systems to facilitate daily activities.
- Maintains test environments/data to be used with test automation.
- Executes and reports results of automated scripts in test management tools. Presents reporting of automation progress as requested and supplies custom reporting when applicable.
- Fulfills load testing requests and sets up appropriate load testing monitors on servers. Executes load tests, analyzes results and reports to product team members. Acts as a point of contact for automation/load tests.
- Utilizes testing experience to develop automation strategies that will enhance the efficiency of test execution, manual test coverage and the consistency of the regression testing.
- Provides assistance with running automated tests and training on automation to other teams as requested. Provides technical assistance to other members of the automation team.
- Helps set standards for test design.
- Supports and advocates established automated testing procedures and may provide input to establish those procedures.
- May advise or recommend unit testing applications for software developers.
- May assist or recommend the application of a UML.
- May assist with education and training with regard to software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
- Keeps abreast of software industry “Best Practices” and trends and communicates new information to QA team.
- May lead education and training, alpha and/or beta testing, and changes for documentation update or correction.
- Assists with education and training with regard to software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
- May cross-train and mentor less experienced QA team members.
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments.
- May assist with any software changes for documentation update or correction.
- May assist with alpha and beta testing; prepares enhancement test plans used at beta site.
- May create or assist with creation of manual tests.
- May assist less experienced peers.
Position not eligible for visa candidates.