MAD Security Careers
Come join a team of some of the brightest and most innovative security experts around!
MAD Security offers a very competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, 401k matching, bonuses (we like to reward you for your hard work), training on next generation security tools, and flexible time off.
For Trusted Partners (1099):
We are also looking for partners that we can work with that can augment our skills and add depth to our team. We frequently receive requests for work that is a little out of our lane or that we can’t take on due to full bookings, and in those cases we like to work with trusted partners to create win/win scenarios.
MAD Security Career Postings:
Security Operations Center Analyst (Entry Level)
- Job Title
- Security Operations Center Analyst (Entry Level)
- Job ID
- Huntsville, AL 35806
- Other Location
Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst (Entry Level) – Part-time (Nights/Weekends)- Huntsville, AL
MAD Security is the premier Managed Security Services Provider that combines technology, services, support, and training to simplify the cybersecurity challenge. We regularly provide our services and expertise to defense industry-based contractors, aviation and aerospace companies, government contractors, financial institutions, technology services companies, higher education institutes, and manufacturing entities to manage risk, meet compliance requirements, and reduce costs, while bringing them peace of mind.
MAD Security is looking for a part-time entry level Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst that will work with our team to perform security threat monitoring and analysis of our client environments in our Security Operation Center located in Huntsville, Alabama during nights and weekends. Reporting to our Security Operations Center Manager, you will use the latest technology to detect, analyze and limit intrusions and security events while adhering to best practices and recognized control frameworks.
You will work collaboratively to detect and respond to information security incidents, maintain and follow procedures for security event alerting, and participate in security investigations. You will perform tasks including monitoring, research, classification and analysis of security events that occur within our client environments. You should have familiarity with the principals of network and endpoint security, current threat and attack trends, and a working knowledge of security principals such as defense in depth.
This position is for part-time night and weekend shift work. Applicants who are successful in this role will be considered for full-time employment as positions become available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform network security monitoring and incident investigation for numerous clients.
- Review and triage information security alerts, provide analysis, determine and track remediation, and escalate as appropriate.
- Recognize potential, successful and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises through review and analysis of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Communicate incidents to clients regarding intrusions and compromises to their network environment.
- Maintain records of security monitoring and incident response activities, utilizing case management and ticketing technologies.
- Prepare briefings and reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Assist with the development of processes and procedures to improve incident response times, analysis of incidents, and overall SOC functions.
Experience and Education
- Prior experience working in any of the following three is a plus: Security Operations Center (SOC), Network Operations Center (NOC), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT)
- Achieved industry recognized professional certification is a plus such as Security+, CEH, GCIH, GCIA, etc.
Skills and Capabilities
- Basic understanding and knowledge of Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- Basic knowledge of network protocols and network fundamentals
- Natural curious and inquisitive nature; persistent and determined; enjoys solving problems and puzzles; analytically rigorous; uncompromising integrity.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently and complete required tasks with minimum supervision
- Ability to improve skills and knowledge through both structure training and independent research
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
- AT&T AlienVault SIEM knowledge and experience is a plus
- Fortinet Technologies knowledge and experience is a plus