Scientist I – Research, Innovation, and Development (RID)
- Job Title
- Scientist I – Research, Innovation, and Development (RID)
- Job ID
- CARROLLTON, TX 75006
- Other Location
Swiss American CDMO LLC is a topical drug, skincare, wound care, and medical device developing and manufacturing company founded to provide cutting-edge topical skincare technologies to selected markets. Our business strategy consists of development, manufacturing, and superior customer service to contract manufacturing customers worldwide. A strong team approach to serve our customers is the basis of our mantra – “Partnering to deliver service through quality, integrity, and commitment.” Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, and Leadership? These are the core attributes we are looking for at Swiss-American CDMO, LLC. To see all of the opportunities currently available with Swiss-American CDMO, please follow this link in addition to exploring the opportunity that you have already selected below - www.swissamericancdmo.com/careers.
Scientist I – Research, Innovation, and Development (RID)
This position will formulate a wide range of personal care products incorporating the company’s cosmetics raw materials. Develop new formulas using existing and new technologies in the personal care product area to support company-wide growth and future brand strategies. Ensure that formulas meet expected performance, safety, and regulatory requirements so that they can be produced in manufacturing. Experimentation on the bench with conventional and/or nonconventional/creative approaches with new formula bases, raw ingredients, and processing techniques that will lead to unique product claims and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Formulation of a variety of personal care products, cosmetics, and OTC from concept to finished product.
- Determine and perform the design of the experiment to evaluate new and/or alternate raw materials through bench trials
- Prepare laboratory batches for stability sampling, preservative efficacy testing, claim/clinical testing, mock-ups, and sales evaluation.
- Conduct stability testing to ensure formula and/or formula/package robustness.
- Develop specifications for new and/or reformulated products, ensuring product quality.
- Serve as Lab Applications representative on cross-functional teams.
- Remain up to date and current on trends in the retail market and trends on formulations materials, ingredients, cost, etc.
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, and cGMPs.
- Notebook documentation.
- Customer support and interaction on a regular basis and problem-solving.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, engineering, or other technical degree
- 0-3 years of experience in cosmetics/personal care.
- Knowledge in color pigments and inorganic compounds a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to work independently with strong organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Business Suite.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of work assigned.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive annual salary, an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K plan with company match, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.