SQL Database Administrator
- Job Title
- SQL Database Administrator
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37209
- Other Location
Conexess Group is aiding one of our clients in its search for a SQL Database Administrator. The Database Administrator position is responsible for installing, creating, updating, documenting, and performing operations necessary to maintain the high integrity, performance, and security and regulatory compliance of all company databases instances. These instances are primarily Microsoft SQL Server but may also include some maintenance and support of proprietary application databases. These duties will include Transact SQL, stored procedure, SSIS package and SSRS Report deployments to production, data migrations, database maintenance, backup/recovery, disaster recovery planning/testing, among others.
Essential Job Functions
May perform any or all of the following duties:
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure hardware resources are correctly allocated to databases resulting in high-availability with optimum application performance.
- Conduct database installation, backup and recovery, configuration management, and performance tuning.
- Solid fundamental understanding of SQL Server High Availability features such as clusters, SQL Server Availability Groups, and SQL Server Security concepts.
- Basic knowledge of both Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Prior Healthcare Industry would be preferred, but not a requirement.
- Maintain and improve databases, including upgrade rollouts and version management.
- Validate and implement all database changes as needed through change management lifecycle, and in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA and other regulations.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned in response to changing business conditions and requirements.
- Provides support outside core hours as a member of the DBA Team off-hours support rotation.
Position Qualifications/Core Competencies
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator
- 3 years’ experience in Information Technology.
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- Experience with Transact SQL coding, debugging and optimization, SSIS, and SSRS.
- Strong background in system development and implementation lifecycles
- Ability to adapt and adjust planned work by analyzing work demands, competing priorities, and tight deadlines; and ability to understand the most effective and efficient means to accomplish tasks within the parameters of the organizational structure, processes, systems and policies.