Senior Supply Chain & Commercialization Project Manager (Confidential)
- Job Title
- Senior Supply Chain & Commercialization Project Manager (Confidential)
- Job ID
- DOWNERS GROVE, IL 60515-5405
- Other Location
Senior Supply Chain & Commercialization Project Manager
Our client is a leading manufacturer of custom products focused on serving the foodservice industry.
As the Senior Supply Chain & Commercialization Project Manager, you will develop, implement, and execute supply chain, supplier quality and logistics strategy that supports production and coordinate with suppliers and third-party vendors, negotiating contracts, and maintaining stable business relationships across the supply chain. Our client will rely on you to manage manufacturing and supply planning activities to maintain appropriate inventory levels to ensure on-time delivery to customers while minimizing additional inventory storage and handling costs. You will also coordinate with suppliers and third-party vendors, negotiating contracts, and maintaining stable business relationships across the supply chain. Your overall responsibility will be Supply & Demand management, coordinating information exchange with Sales, HQ - Planning, and supplier partners. Our client will also expect you to manage commercialization projects, connecting strategy, operations, and product management to ensure the successful launch of new products and services.
Additionally, you’ll be expected to collaborate with the Customer Service Lead to assure supply to customers and develop and execute strategic supply chain initiatives to achieve long term goals and growth plans of the organization.
- Act as the single point of contact for supply chain and customer service issues, internally and externally, and streamline communications back to appropriate stakeholders.
- Commercialize business opportunities through a well-executed and timely project management and product launch process in order to meet top-line sales and profit targets and provide best-in-class deliveries to our customers. Coordinate diverse cross-functional teams within the organization, with the customer and with the suppliers to align on processes, expectations and drive product launch activities. Build and manage the project schedule, define the critical path, track activities to ensure functional team members are meeting agreed upon deadlines and approvals. Drives continuous improvement of the new product introduction process.
- Incorporate a holistic view of supply chain in solution development including operating costs, logistics costs, product costs, physical constraints and service requirements in solution development. Understand and execute value stream mapping concepts including but not limited to: material and information flow, identification of value & non-value activities, lean concepts, process and time mapping. Identify and resolve structural supply chain issues and develop sustainable solutions using continuous process improvement methodology. Achieve higher supply chain performance and effectiveness and deliver value to our customers.
- Utilize a thorough understanding of inventory levels, working with manufacturing and supplier partners across the supply chain to assure supply while mitigating risk on excess and obsolete inventories.
- Develop and maintain internal stakeholder relationships in the US & Canada to achieve executional excellence, meet and exceed our customer’s expectations, and deliver on long term strategic initiatives of the organization
- Ensure that suitable risk assessment and contingency planning (for relevant projects) takes place, is communicated and agreed upon by all stakeholders and is acted on if necessary, to keep the project on track or to accelerate the project if the business need arises
- Lead development of customer management reporting tools to monitor performance and identify improvement areas. Monitor performance of key customer KPIs and operations KPIs and initiate discussions to improve performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Supply Chain or closely related field required (MBA highly preferred).
- At least 5 years of supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- APICS, CPPM (Certified Professional Purchasing Manager), or CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional) certification is preferred.
- Experience in production planning and scheduling, inventory management, MRP process and distribution is a plus.
- Proven track record of implementation of processes leading to excellence and improving costs metrics through the use of best practice techniques.
- Warehouse, Purchasing and or Buyer experience required.
- Strong knowledge of operations and basic supply chain principles.
- Attention to details and be highly organized.
- Self-motivated, detail-attentive and collaborative, while also able to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, knowing when to take calculated risks in a fast-paced environment.
- Multi-task and manage complex projects in a highly dynamic environment.
- Strategic thinker, with well-developed leadership behaviors for problem solving and driving process innovation.
- Highly effective leadership, negotiation, influencing, motivational, coordination, and communication skills across organization.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, short- and long-term disability, 401k, employee assistance programs, learning development opportunities to ensure their employees feel appreciated for the work they do.Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.