District Sales Manager I
- Job Title
- District Sales Manager I
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL 60607
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
This is a formal training position providing participants a broad exposure to Insperity and the role of the District Manager. Its specific purpose is to provide a program that equips participants to become effective sales leaders in Insperity. The goal is graduation of successful participants into Insperity’s sales leadership team as a District Manager with full responsibility for a District Office.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
· Develops a solid understanding of Insperity and the role of the District Manager by attending, participating, and progressing through the Insperity Sales Leadership Development Program.
· Completes leadership development training and certification courses successfully including, but not limited to: DISC, Situational Leadership II, Servant Leadership, Leading with Influence, Referral Network, Sales Coaching, Office Management, Certified Business Performance Advisor program.
· Learns and applies the Insperity sales process by adhering to the guidelines of the formal training program and successfully completing BPA Level 1 and 2 training programs.
· Completes management development training successfully including, but not limited to, methods and techniques used in recruitment, interviewing, selection, performance evaluation as well as effectively developing, monitoring and motivating sales staff.
· Gains hands on experience/exposure to various departments involved in the Insperity sales process through immersion in the daily functions and operations of the respective areas.
· Travels to Insperity offices, locally and nationally, and interacts with subject matter experts to observe and utilize essential skills.
· Participates in coaching opportunities with Sales Performance Improvement.
· Demonstrates specific application of skills learned and strategies from training including prospecting, discovery, performance analysis, proposal generation, closing.
· Participates in formal interviewing process for hiring new Business Performance Advisors.
· Creates a business strategy to execute annual sales strategy and achieve sales budget.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Management or related field is preferred, High School Diploma is required. Work experience may qualify as substitute based on the type of experience.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
· Must be dedicated to the goals, objectives, culture, values, mission, and success of Insperity.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Displays a high level of professionalism in daily activities.
· Possesses or can develop good business development skills.
· Ability to take a conceptual idea or vision and apply sound logic to develop systems, processes and plans that are executable, realistic and results oriented.
· Communicates effectively and persuasively, verbally and in writing, in a diverse range of audiences and settings, and possesses problem solving, listening and presentation skills.
· Solid foundation of business acumen and an ability to develop a higher-level understanding of the industry, market and business operations in general.
· Principles and practices of the general sales processes, including assessing buyer styles and sales personalities.
· Possesses conceptual, analytical, and forecasting skills as well as extensive knowledge of business/economic environment.
· Ability to effectively deal with human behavior situations in a variety of business circumstances.
Yes, 50% of time
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.