MANAGER, SECURITY OPERATIONS CENTER (SOC)
- Job Title
- MANAGER, SECURITY OPERATIONS CENTER (SOC)
- Job ID
- Augusta, GA 30904
- Other Location
Our client is focused on hiring the right people, in the right jobs, to help them continue to grow and move forward in creating a new level of service in the IT industry. Do you have what it takes to join the team? With decades of combined experience in the IT and cybersecurity space, their leadership team thrives on helping their clients solve their most complex IT challenges.
- Client Oriented - They are nothing without their clients.
- Operationally Excellent - Strive for Perfection. Obtain Excellence.
- Relational and Compassionate – Support their clients’ mission through friendly service.
- See Things to Completion - Take the first step and finish what you start.
- Integrity always do the Right Thing - Do the right thing, even when no one is looking. Win trust.
- Committed to Team - Strive to meet your personal, team, and company goals.
- Accountable to one another and the clients - They’re counting on you, and so are their clients.
MANAGER, SECURITY OPERATIONS CENTER (SOC)
The Manager, Security Operations Center will manage the SOC and oversee a staff of Cybersecurity Technicians and Analysts who are responsible for threat hunting and event analysis in accordance with established organization standards for efficiency, accuracy, and security. The SOC Manager promotes an environment of continual improvement by evaluating our processes, tools, and implementations to ensure we are providing the best SOC services possible to our customers.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Lead and manage a regional Security Operations Center.
- Ensure SOC services are delivered in a manner that is both consistent, efficient, and enhances client satisfaction.
- Manage the regional SOC team to ensure an efficient, effective response to our clients' needs, providing coverage 24x7x365.
- Ensure incident identification, assessment, quantification, reporting, communication, mitigation, and monitoring are effectively conducted.
- Ensure compliance to SLA, adherence to process, and improvisation to process when needed to achieve operational objectives.
- Revise and develop processes to strengthen the current Security Operations Framework.
- Review policies and highlight the challenges in managing SLAs.
- Responsible for team & vendor management, overall use of resources and initiation of corrective action where required for Security Operations Center.
- Perform threat management, threat modeling, identify threat vectors, and develop use cases for security monitoring.
- Responsible for integration of standard and non-standard logs in SIEM.
- Create reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations and present to Executive Management.
- Coordinate with stakeholders, build, and maintain positive working relationships.
Competencies and Qualities
Qualified candidates must meet the following job requirements:
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
- Work with a team, communicate effectively, and have high attention to detail.
- Meet client and company expectations for attendance, quality, and expertise.
- Demonstrate effective use of time and keep detailed notes in the company ticketing system.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced in Management of SIEM, Network IDS, EDR or other security solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management etc.
- Experience in threat management.
- Knowledge of various operating system including but not limited to Windows, Linux, Unix.
- Proficient in preparation of reports, dashboards, and documentation.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Experience in performing vendor management.
- Able to handle high-pressure situations with key stakeholders.
- Good analytical skills, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge and experience with MS Office with proficiency in Excel.
Staff must be committed to our core values the Corsica Way:
- Customer Focused – We are nothing without our clients.
- Operationally Excellent – Strive for perfection. Obtain Excellence.
- Relational and Compassionate – Support our clients' missions through friendly service.
- See things through to completion – Take the first step and finish what you start.
- Integrity, always do the right thing – Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Committed to the team – Strive to meet your personal, team and Company goals.
- Accountable to one another and our clients – We’re counting on you and so are our clients.
Education, Experience, and Certifications
- Minimum 3-5 years in a Security Operations Role or managing a security team.
- Minimum 2-year degree in information systems or equivalent.
- Must have an active CISSP.
Additional Preferred Certifications: CASP, CISM, GCIH, GSEC.
This position is responsible for managing and overseeing the Security Operations Center.
Our client wants to be fully invested in the growth and well-being of their employees. They offer the following benefits to their staff at all locations:
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.