Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Software Test Engineer
- Job Title
- Software Test Engineer
- Job ID
- Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Summary: The Tester (Quality Assurance role) assesses software quality through manual and automated testing. The tester coordinates and executes test events in accordance with approved test plans, procedures and scripts. The tester must have knowledge and skills to ensure that test environments are set up accurately and create test reports. The test engineer must be able to test IT hardware, software, systems and networks. The Tester is responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches. In this role, the tester should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. The tester must develop and execute test cases and be passionate about quality. Ultimately, the tester will ensure that products, applications and systems work correctly. Remote work allowed.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 3 years, or 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Test Engineers and Test Planners/Managers to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Experience with CPRS Application with the Veteran Affairs (VA) Network
- VA or other Federal Government experience required
- Proven experience as a QA, tester or similar role
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Working knowledge of test management software (e.g. qTest, Zephyr, LoadRunner), Jira, Rational and SQL
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- CMMI Maturity Level 3, ISO 9001:2015 or 9001:2001, and ITIL experience a plus
- Has high standards, results oriented, and a commitment to delivering high quality software on time
- Hands on experience Automation Engineer experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of Test Automation Frameworks
- Experience with a test automation tool such as Selenium WebDriver, SoapUI, Cucumber etc.
- Exposure to web technologies (e.g. HTTP, XML, REST, HTML, etc.)
- Exposure to Continuous integration for test automation
- Knowledge of Services and API layer testing, Java/J2EE, Junit.
- Ability to negotiate, communicate and deliver effective Automated Test solutions to both Development and QA organizations
- Ability to prepare and effectively present status reports.
- Understanding of Software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies
- Exposure to other development or test automation tools/frameworks (e.g. Junit, SOAP-UI, Eclipse, Jenkins, Maven, HP ALM/QTP, JIRA, etc.) helpful