Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
- Job Title
- Business Analyst
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Summary: Business Analysts analyze data to understand business process and services to improve efficiency and maintain compliance with clients’ missions and objectives, including reading and analyzing related federal regulations. Business Analysts communicate with the client to gather information to resolve issues, such as complex helpdesk tickets, or gather and refine requirements of software and business functions. The BA documents new processes to include flowcharts and supporting narratives to describe changes to manual processes, automated processes and controls or for training purposes.
100% Remote Work Allowed.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 5 years, or 5 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Use data to understand business patterns and trends
- Analyze internal and external data through quantitative research
- Communicate findings to company through standard and ad hoc reports
- Document Process flows
- Elicit, define or refine, and trace requirements of business and technical nature
- Provide testing or testing support of software and business process compliance to requirements and designed software or architectures
- Promote best practices in business analysis and reporting
- Collaborate with technical and cross-functional teams
- Coach and review the work of more junior business and process analysts
- Previous experience in business intelligence, analysis, or another related field
- Experience in the effective use of data provided by cost estimators to create overall cost versus benefit assessment while considering functional benefits, technical performance, risks, and schedule concerns.
- Knowledge of software requirements and testing tools
- Knowledge of business process engineering, requirement engineering, and testing practices.
- Experience in the analysis of IT business and information environment, activities, and events.
- Must have deep knowledge of data analysis, trend finding, patterns and be able to identify risks and offer solutions for improving processes that will improve overall agency performance.
- Possess the ability to create/analyze requirements accountability records.
- Ability to verify that software and its documentation is compliant with applicable requirements functionally.
- The candidate must be able to work in a team environment and be proficient in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- ISO/CMMI experience
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle Process, especially Agile Development (SCRUM and/or Kanban)
- Knowledge of statistical, business process modeling, and business reporting tools
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Rational, Atlassian JIRA experience
- Data Loss Prevention project experience as a Senior Business Analyst in a US government agency preferred