National Sales Director
- Job Title
- National Sales Director
- Job ID
National Account Director
Reports to: Vp of Sales
We are working on a newly created National Account Director role with an expanding food company that includes a number of emerging brands. This role will handle all major CPG accounts mostly west of the Mississippi. This role will need to have a strong CPG natural food background with trade management and financial reporting. Please contact us if interested!
· Responsible for driving growth on brands in a variety of trade channels, including but not limited to traditional CPG and natural retailers
· Acts as primary leader of company account planning process; recommends account strategy and identifies available trade promotion options.
· Develops category review new item presentations and marketing partners and ensures that messaging to brokers, distributors and retail customers is consistent with company strategic positioning
· Identifies key opportunities within assigned territory and works with senior staff, operations, marketing and finance to develop scenarios that result in sustainable and profitable business. Coordinates with sales team where responsibility intersect. Provides updates and recommends corrective action.
· Make sales calls and manages brokers and distributors
· Provides accurate input to finance (trade management and settlement process), operations, and sles planning as scheduled or requested.
· Maintains database and document tracking. Resolves customer financial and operational issues.
· Communicates upward the business trends, market conditions, analysis and recommendations to leadership team
· Must travel as needed
· Manage select retail, wholesale and distributor accounts located throughout the U.S., both in the natural and conventional channels
· Travel to buyer meetings to represent the brand and product portfolio in person (when travel begins again)
· Manage trade spend and negotiate promo deals with buyers and distributors
· Build sales presentations and other sales materials in collaboration with Marketing team
· Report monthly sales performances
· Represent the company at trade shows
· 5+ years’ experience with food CPG environment
· Previous broker management experience is needed. Natural/organic channel is preferred
· Must process strong cognitive, problem solving and analytical skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Able to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment with changing responsibilities
· Bachelors Degree or equivalent is preferred
· Proficient with MS Office
· Must possess a valid driver license and proof of insurance
· Open to travel around 60%