Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Ruby on Rails Developer
- Job Title
- Ruby on Rails Developer
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Summary: Liberty IT Solutions is seeking a talented Ruby on Rails software engineer to help us both create and maintain APIs consumed by first and third-party apps and services to positively impact the lives of millions of Americans. We need a creative Ruby on Rails engineer with experience developing high-quality products on schedule, strong communication and collaboration skills, and a passion for innovation. In this Ruby on Rails engineer role you will be responsible for designing and implementing new cloud-based RESTful APIs, as well as essential work maintaining existing software libraries.
Remote work allowed.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, software engineering, or related field
Required Years of Experience: Minimum 3 years’ previous experience in software development. 5 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Understand the architecture and design of multiple existing API capabilities
- Collaborate with the team to monitor and maintain the availability and performance of existing API capabilities
- Troubleshoot and resolve defects within existing API capabilities
- Collaborate with teammates to understand and troubleshoot issues within the larger system
- Perform periodic sustainment activities such as license, certificate, and credential updates.
- Develop enhancements to existing API capabilities as defined and approved by leadership
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings and other Agile ceremonies
- Write clean, scalable code based on requirements and consistent with design
- Unit Test enhancement and defect corrections
- Collaborate with teammates to perform system regression testing
- Deploy new baselines to production environments following existing Maintenance Release Processes
- Make recommendations for enhancements to improve existing software and/or to enhance the monitoring capability
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support when appropriate
- Excellent analytical, programming, and debugging skills
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing backend RoR & Java solutions
- Familiarity or proficiency with Spring Boot-based development
- Understanding of the fundamental technologies of the web, including HTTP, SSL, and JSON
- Working knowledge of AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and SQL databases
- Enthusiasm for the latest and greatest tools and technologies
- Commitment to a DevOps culture
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Has high standards, results oriented, and a commitment to delivering high quality software on time
- VA or other Federal Government experience