- Job Title
- Production Manager
- Job ID
We are working with a food-tech company that wants to empower their customers to eat healthy while helping to improve the sustainability of their food systems. The Production Manager is responsible for managing the production team and maintaining the entire production function which includes plating and packaging meals, snacks, and beverages. Our client delivers delicious, organic, plant-forward meals, juices, and snacks to customers on the West Coast at the intersection of convenience, health, and sustainability. This is a hands-on opportunity for an individual who enjoys getting in the trenches with their team, understands challenges, and identifies opportunities. This individual will also oversee the implementation of new practices and initiatives.
· Oversee production team, supervisors, and leads.
· Collaborate with supervisors on all areas of People Management: time management, team training, growth & development, performance feedback and evaluation.
· Ensure full compliance with employment law and company policy on all personnel matters.
· Partner with Talent Acquisition team to identify recruitment needs, assist with interviews, training, and orientation for new hires.
· Set production objectives and implement action plans for achieving set targets
· Prepare periodic reports to update upper management on food production activities
· Oversee Plating and Pack Functions
- 4+ years proven experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- 2+ supervisory or management experience
- Working knowledge of relevant Employment Law
- Working knowledge and understanding of GMPS, quality standards, and safety & OSHA regulations
- Strong decision-making skills
- Proven experience in setting and reporting on key production metrics
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment