School Specialty is dedicated to changing education for the better. That means working closely with educators, sharing experience, and traveling into uncharted territories together. Are you ready to make a difference?
School Specialty is seeking a Solution Architect with a primary focus in product information management (PIM) and e-commerce platforms with integrations into order management. You will be part of a team that works with business and technical partners, both internal and external, to design solutions that enable our business to manage a large volume and variety of products for online sales.
The base salary for this position is targeted at $79,000-$146,000.
Essential Job Functions
- Understand business requirements and current capabilities and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and changes to achieve business goals.
- Design and lead the implementation of a solutions architecture across multiple applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, capabilities and required outcome.
- Provide consulting support to individual projects to ensure alignment with overall enterprise architecture.
- Review current state and keep abreast of current trends to ensure technologies are supportable and identify opportunities for improvement.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years of experience with Ecommerce
- Minimum two years of experience with a PIM platform
- Minimum of five years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, applications development, integration platforms database management or operations
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Good understanding of strategic and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including teamwork and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Ability to quickly learn and comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Option 1: Create a New Profile