Installation Specialist – Learning Environments - Are you ready to make a difference?
School Specialty is dedicated to changing education for the better. That means working closely with educators, sharing experience, and traveling into unchartered territories together. - Are you ready to join us on the journey?
The Installation Specialist reports to the LE Sales Support Manager and is responsible for supporting all aspects of installation management for furniture and equipment orders.
We are looking for a highly motivated professional that wants to be part of a winning team. We give you the opportunity to work at a company where you can contribute, grow, and make your own path to success. The rest is up to you.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities
- Provide direct support to project management sales support by providing cost guidance for installation services.
- Research, vet, and set up new installation subcontractors for all categories of furniture and equipment.
- Manage installer relationships, negotiate pricing, contracts, and maintain a strong and consistent network of available installers at all times .
- Ongoing communication with project management and sales support in terms of installation resources, trends, options, performance, and any other related items.
- Conduct background checks, review legal documents, and maintain certificates of insurance.
- Create and Implement Standard Operating Procedures for installation management within School Specialty
- Create and uphold the Terms and Conditions for Installers to conduct business on behalf of School Specialty.
- Exercises care within work environment to prevent injuries. Support and follow all company safety policies and procedures.
We’re determined to positively impact the future, one child at a time. If you share our passion, we need to talk.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in furniture and equipment, estimating installation and/or freight, or related field.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- High level proficiency in PC based programs, including spreadsheet and database programs.
- Highly organized, attentive to details, and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical operations.
- Ability to read and understand architectural blueprints.
Change is part of our daily routine, which means you have the chance to leverage your creativity and imagination every day. You’ll be encouraged to push the envelope, to lead through action, and to innovate regardless of your role. We’re shooting for nothing short of greatness. These aren’t just words; this is how we work. Are you up for it?
Imagine what we could do together.
Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Courage – Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, LLC is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.