Receptionist/Front Office Assistant
- Job Title
- Receptionist/Front Office Assistant
- Job ID
- CARY, NC 27513
- Other Location
Who is our client?
Our client is a versatile CDMO that combines a full-service offering with expert knowledge and technical agility to offer API development and cGMP contract manufacturing capabilities. They pride themselves on being easy to do business with and they’re dedicated to offering flexible and tailored solutions that suit their customers’ needs. Their 700+ strong team across their facilities in the UK and the US are capable of handling even the most hazardous chemical processes safely. Their industry leading compliance culture and performance is part of their day-to-day work and they work hard to maintain the company standards.
Dedicated to adding value through continuous improvement they are constantly exploring new and improved ways of doing things as part of their Technology and Innovation Programme. With over 50 years’ experience our client’s exceptionally talented team combine their unrivalled knowledge with first-class customer service to ensure high quality project delivery, every time.
What is the role?
As the Receptionist/ Office Assistant, you must share their core values of being Transparent, Reliable, Willing and Caring. This is a new role for a self-starter that can shape and develop in order to make a positive impact on the organization and customers.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately.
- Notifies company personnel of visitor arrival.
- Maintains security and telecommunications system.
- Informs visitors by answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail.
- Maintains security by following procedures, monitoring logbook, and issuing visitor badges.
- Keeps a safe and clean reception and conference area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying and collating.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Willing to learn and take on additional activities in accounting and procurement (invoice entry, filing, vendor payments).
- Coordinate logistics and materials for internal and external meetings (scheduling conference rooms, travel arrangements, food etc.).
What do you need to be successful?
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree; or 2-5 years related experience
- Familiarity with phone, copier, security, other office systems
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office software required
- QuickBooks familiarization is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed.
- Professionalism – friendly and polite; treats others with respect; respond to requests promptly and follows-through in timely fashion; neat in appearance.
- Customer focused – responds promptly to customer needs; promotes customer focus; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs.
- Organized – prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic actions plans.
- Self-starter willing to take on upcoming office expansion projects – volunteers readily; seeks increased responsibilities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Positive Attitude – establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations.
Why work for our client:
From their sites in the UK and US they offer the opportunity to work with customers across Europe, the US and Asia. As a fast growing and agile business, they provide a flexible working environment, clear paths for progression and the chance to work on a variety of projects.
Whether you join them through their industry leading apprenticeship programme or with some experience already under your belt, you can expect to work alongside some of the pharmaceutical industry’s experts and develop your skills from day one.
They have an open culture, are passionate about what they do, and they focus on ensuring the welfare of their team. They believe this is why their employees stay with them for the long term. Their benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- 10 company holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
Quite simply, a career with our client means joining a first-class team, overcoming challenges together and delivering first-class science and service, every day. Together, they are helping to bring new medicines to market, saving patient lives while learning new skills and developing our careers along the way.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.