- Job Title
- Laboratory Manager
- Job ID
- GAINESVILLE, FL 32601
- Other Location
As part of the ongoing growth strategy of the company, we seek to appoint a Laboratory Manager to
oversee our Commercia Lab. The successful candidate will:
· Manage genotyping projects and coordinate library prep and next-generation sequencing activities;
· Supervise and train laboratory technicians and interns;
· Utilize a laboratory management software (LIMS) for recording, tabulating, and maintaining data and procedures used during project execution;
· Utilize a project management tool to track projects from sample arrival to completion;
· Interact with account manager to ensure project is delivered within the expected timeline;
· Troubleshoot and optimize experimental procedures and conditions;
· Utilize and troubleshoot robotics to assist in laboratory operations of routine procedures;
· Maintain inventory of chemicals, prepare solutions and reagents, and coordinate laboratory organization and logistics;
· Purchase reagent and consumables, perform billing and invoicing;
· Coordinate equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
(i) BS + 5 years of hands-on experience, M.Sc. + 3 years of hands-on experience, or Ph.D. + 1 year of hands-on experience. Education in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Biochemistry or related field. (ii) A track record of reliability, productivity and team-based success through previous work experience. (iii) Experience managing a molecular biology laboratory and supervising personnel, preferably in the industrial sector. (iv) Experience with high-throughput genotyping, next-generation sequencing, target-enrichment and standard molecular biology techniques is highly desirable. (v) Careful record-keeping, excellent organizational skills and attention to details are essential. (vi) Knowledge of experimental variables that impact DNA sequencing and genotyping approaches is preferred. Additional training will be provided as needed.
A remuneration package is available commensurate with qualifications and experience. The benefits include contribution to company healthcare, disability benefit, extended holiday entitlement, retirement program (401k) and relocation expense contribution. The position is available for immediate start.
Located in Gainesville, Florida, RAPiD Genomics is a fast-growing company focused on delivering innovative genomic applications to health science, animal-plant genetics and biological research. We offer the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic field incorporating the newest ideas and technologies in genomics.