Option 2: Create a New Profile
Director, Distributed Energy Resources (The Woodlands, TX or San Diego, CA)
- Job Title
- Director, Distributed Energy Resources (The Woodlands, TX or San Diego, CA)
- Position ID
- The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Other Location
- San Diego, CA
Job Description Summary
- · Represent the Asset Operations Team as the lead originator in new business, including but not limited to regional and ISO programs involving demand response and distributed resources.
- · Maintain or develop subject matter expertise in demand response programs in ERCOT, CAISO, NYISO, NEISO, SPP, MISO, WECC, SERC, and regulated utilities.
- · Facilitate the onboarding of new customers and or new products. Coordinate infrastructure to interface with MP2’s Operations Desk. Provide subject matter expertise to internal / external stakeholders throughout the customer lifecycle.
- · Develop and lead the Issue Resolution Process, leveraging internal expertise when needed.
- · Maintain a functional knowledge of required telemetry processes.
- · Maintain a functional knowledge of ISO rules, regulations, and protocols.
- · Maintain a functional understanding of energy, ancillary service, and capacity products, as well as the settlement of each product.
- · Engage 3rd party solution providers where needed to facilitate onboarding and operation of customer assets
- · Work with the Manager, Business Analytics to deliver bespoke or standard data exchange solutions with ISOs, utilities, and MP2 Customers.
Competencies & Attributes for Success in this Role:
- Critical/Analytical Thinking
- Customer Service Oriented
- Highly Motivated
- Positive Attitude
- Quick Learner
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations co-workers and higher-level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Comply with company policies and procedu
- 8+ years of wholesale or retail experience in the electric power industry.
- Advanced degree in engineering, mathematics, engineering, economics, or finance. Masters in Business Analytics considered favorably
- Demonstrated ability to influence interdisciplinary teams
- 3 years of commercial experience (sales, trading, origination)
- Excellent analytical, organization and time management skills, with the ability to maintain a strict level of attention to detail
- Proficiency in the protocols for one or more ISOs
- Ability to meet deadlines, learn quickly and demonstrate effective problem solving and follow-up skills
- Expert level communication and presentation skills
- Functional understanding of energy, ancillary services, and telemetry requirements in one or more ISOs
Benefits of Working with MP2 Energy:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Disability Programs (STD & LTD)
- Employee Basic Term Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.