Lead Logistics Specialist
- Job Title
- Lead Logistics Specialist
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI 48242
- Other Location
Lead Logistics Specialist / Warehouse / Driver
Full time permanent $15.25 per hour!
Monday-Friday work week with 5:00 AM start time!
· Rapidly growing company
· Employer-paid health insurance
· Paid holidays
· Employer paid parking
· Uniforms provided
· Get paid to work out!
Bradford Airport Logistics is #1 in our industry. We manage vendor relationships for all consumable goods entering the airport. We also deliver these goods in a secure, safe, and efficient manner so our customers have what they want when they want it.
At Bradford, we take pride in being the best, which is why we hire the best. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about leading the logistics industry.
We are currently seeking a Lead Logistics Specialist / Warehouse / Driver for our receiving and redistribution center in the Detroit Metro Airport. In this role, you will direct and coordinate all activities of receiving and distribution and will work closely with the Facility Manager and assumes the role of acting supervisor as necessary. The work schedule will require flexibility and will include weekend work. This is an excellent developmental position and may have open and closing responsibilities. The successful individual must have a high degree of integrity, unquestionable ethics, and excellent reliability. Communicating well with airport tenants and stakeholders is essential.
We offer an innovative and dynamic company culture, with a clear path to promotion based on merit. Find out more about us at www.airportlogistics.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Open and close the facility as required.
- Verify incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of merchandise.
- Assign workers to specific duties, verifies material volumes, and assembles customer orders for delivery.
- Direct warehouse and/or terminal operations teams.
- Manage and inspect warehouse facility and equipment in order to maintain care, custody and proper utilization.
- Monitor continuous improvement to improve field operations and production methods.
- Create and plan the pickup and delivery schedules for drivers.
- Interact with our customers and provide excellent service.
- Ensure the security and safety of facility, product, employees, and customers at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience in a warehouse environment
- Valid Driver’s License to operate Box Truck and Cargo Van
- Ability to lead the Logistics Specialist team in the completion of all duties
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrates initiative
- Positive, problem solving approach
- Customer service focused
- Excellent communication skills with customers, airport stakeholders, and team members
- Ability to occasionally and repetitively lift up to 75 pounds
- Ability to pass a security background check for mandatory airport badging
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive pay starting at $15.25 per hour
· $300 bonus after 30 days, $300 more after 90 days
· Monday through Friday work week with 5:00 AM start time
· Significant opportunity for career growth
· Professional development plan that positions you for success
· Annual pay increases
· Employer-paid health insurance (excellent UHC $1,500 deductible coverage)
· 401K with employer contribution
· Paid holidays, sick days, and vacation
For those ready to take their career to the next level in the exciting aviation industry, please apply today!
*All job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen, airport background check and clean driving record review.