Option 1: Create a New Profile
Administrative Assistant (Part-Time)
- Job Title
- Administrative Assistant (Part-Time)
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77010
- Other Location
The Center For Houston's Future is looking for a detailed, driven, and dynamic administrative professional for this part-time opportunity up to 30 hours per week.
Visit Center For Houston's Future to learn more https://www.centerforhoustonsfuture.org/.
To provide administrative support for the Center including the President and CEO, senior leadership and the rest of the Center team in support of the Center’s mission bringing business, community and government leaders together to engage in strategic planning, collaboration and action on issues of great important to future of the greater Houston region. Also, specifically provides administrative support for the Center’s Leadership Forum program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following responsibilities are essential to job performance:
· Perform administrative tasks for the CEO, senior leadership team and other team members
· Schedule and coordinate meetings for the CEO and other staff
· Provide administrative and logistical support for Leadership Forum
· Assist with or handle day-to-day operations of the office as needed
· Submit and reconcile expense reports
· Provide administrative event-related support
· Maintain neat, organized, and professional appearance of storage and common areas
· Maintain office supplies and organization of the supply room
· Maintain adequate supply of publications and information packets
· Organize inventory and general files
· May include providing administrative support for board meetings and board activities
· Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook (Salesforce or other database software a plus)
· Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
· Excellent writing skills and exhibits professional and effective communications skills
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
· Demonstrated attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work with all levels of internal and external contacts
· Ability to function and thrive in fast-paced environment
· Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
· Self-motivated and directed
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Professional appearance
· Flexibility with work schedule, as needed
· Good vision and hearing acuity (with adaptive aids if necessary).
· Manual dexterity and skillful use of computer keyboard.
· Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing, and walking. Must be able to move or lift approximately 25 pounds on occasion.
MENTAL AND APTITUDE REQUIREMENTS:
· Job requires the ability to hear, see, and talk; analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, planning and decision-making skills.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: No special requirements.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation commensurate with experience. We also offer an extensive benefits package including paid garage parking, paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
The Center for Houston's Future is committed to providing equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, veteran’s status, or any other legally protected status.