Processing Team Coordinator
- Job Title
- Processing Team Coordinator
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 34 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Processing Team Coordinator
We are currently seeking a Processing Team Coordinator to join our team.
This position is working as part of the Processing Team and responsible for providing defined contribution administrative services to multiple clients.
Under general supervision and moderate decision-making:
· Assists Plan Analyst with the processing of weekly contribution files.
· Assists in the timely and accurate processing of plan transactions, including loans, loan payoffs, distributions, disbursements, transfers and rollovers.
· Reviews daily indicative files for accuracy.
· Assists in the timely and accurate processing of top heavy contributions.
· Completes the stop and reissue of participant checks.
· Performs the scanning and indexing of all documents to the PowerImage system.
· Assists in the review and preparation of quarterly participant statements.
· Collates and distributes documents associated with participant loan amortization schedules and termination packets daily.
· Assists in the resolution of participant and plan level issues escalated from the Contact Center, Sales and other Administaff internal areas.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate's Degree in related is preferred. 1 - 2 years of experience in the retirement services field is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
· Communicates tactfully and effectively, orally and in writing, and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment
· Familiar with correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
· Working knowledge of qualified plans, including ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, and relevant regulations preferred.
· Attention to detail a must, organizational and planning skills helpful.
· Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to multi-task helpful.
· Experience in team dynamics preferred.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.