Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Senior Product Manager, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Job Title
- Senior Product Manager, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Job ID
- Remote or Herndon, VA 20171
- Other Location
Summary: The Product Manager will serve as the subject matter expert on products and markets. This person will define the vision, strategies, objectives and target key results to grow the business. Additionally, responsible for managing team backlogs, connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value. The Product Manager should have top notch communication skills and be comfortable collaborating with customers, users and engineering teams.
Remote work allowed.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline; PMP Certification
Required Years of Experience: 10 years, or 5 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Perform research to understand capability within the VA and document scope for the development team
- Discover new opportunities to explain customer difficulties and grow the business
- Track team progress including velocity, release planning, and documentation in JIRA/Confluence
- Conduct iteration planning, manage dependencies, and lead all Scrum ceremonies using SAFe
- Lead the collaboration with product teams to define & develop interoperability specifications
- Participate in product discussions with the product owner, users, infrastructure and feature development teams to understand and define acceptance criteria and estimate user stories
- Lead a team working in the agile product model, including UX, engineers, and QA to achieve business objectives
- Be accountable for the product’s performance
- Work cooperatively with Project Managers, QA, and Network Operations to ensure a successful, well communicated, high quality release
- Prior experience as a Software Product Manager or Product Owner working for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum organization
- Well versed in agile software development techniques, conference room pilots, prototyping
- Experience in Federal contracting and Health IT
- Exceptional decision-making ability in a dynamic, aggressive environment
- High standards and results-orientation with a commitment to delivering high quality software on time
- Experience mentoring and training staff including software developers
- Experience working with remote team members
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with system integration technologies, service-oriented architecture (SOA), web services, software design principles, tools and applications
- Experience with large scale web applications, system architectures, and data architectures
- Excellent communication skills – written/verbal/presentation
- Experience working on CMMI Level 3 programs.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Needs to demonstrate exceptional decision-making ability in a dynamic and an aggressive environment
- Has high standards, results oriented, and a commitment to delivering high quality software on time
- Experience with mentoring and training staff