Systems Engineer (Remote)
- Job Title
- Systems Engineer (Remote)
- Job ID
- Fort Wayne, IN 46804
- Other Location
Our client is consistently recognized as one of the top managed IT and cybersecurity providers, helping organizations leverage technology as a competitive business advantage. Their integrated services protect companies and enable them to succeed. As their mission states, they are a key catalyst in protecting organizations, empowering their employees, and enabling their technology to gain a competitive business advantage so they can thrive.
Our client's team is focused on hiring the right people, in the right jobs, to help them continue to grow and move forward in creating a new level of service in the IT industry. Do you have what it takes to join the team? With decades of combined experience in the space, our client's leadership team thrives on helping their clients solve their most complex IT challenges.
Systems Engineer (Local Remote, IN)
As the Systems Engineer, you will provide client-centered, efficient, and effective level 3+ remote support to the company’s clients. By efficiently and effectively resolving complex IT issues, you will help minimize downtime and disruptions within client environments, which in turn will further build trust between the company and our clients.
- Classify and triage escalated incidents, problems, and complex requests.
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated incidents to return service to clients as quickly as possible.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems reported by two or more users as quickly as possible.
- Manage the impact, risk, and implementation of complex client change requests.
- Follow standard operating procedures as documented in the knowledge management system.
- Assist in creating and updating knowledge articles to be used by other service desk personnel.
- Work with the team and escalate as needed with the assistance of management.
- Maintain and update system documentation and service ticket records.
- Stay up to date on the latest technologies through ongoing education.
- Must have at least a high school diploma or GED. Associates degree or better is preferred.
- A minimum of 3+ years of professional ITSM experience is required. MSP experience is preferred.
- At least 3 certifications from leading vendors such as Apple, CompTIA, or Microsoft are required.
- Must have advanced experience with each of the following:
- System hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Networking concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP.
- Active Directory and Group Policy administration.
- Switches, firewalls, and advanced infrastructure.
- Server applications such as SQL Server and RDS.
- Must have intermediate experience with each of the following:
- Cloud solutions such as Office 365 and Google Apps.
- Cloud-based datacenters such as Azure and AWS.
- Voice technologies and phone systems.
Our client is fully invested in the growth and well-being of their employees and offer the following benefits to employees in all locations:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- PTO plus Paid Holidays
- Training and development opportunities
- Educational assistance
- EAP services that include free counseling services for employee and family
- Adoption assistance
- Commuter benefits
If you’re up for the challenge and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing your work has made a difference in helping other companies leverage technology as a competitive business advantage, then we want to hear from you today!
If you don’t think you meet all the criteria above and are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join a great team of professionals.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.