Compounding Team Lead, 1st Shift (6 am - 2 pm)
- Job Title
- Compounding Team Lead, 1st Shift (6 am - 2 pm)
- Job ID
- CARROLLTON, TX 75006-6623
- Other Location
Swiss American CDMO LLC is a topical drug, skincare, wound care, and medical device developing and manufacturing company founded to provide cutting-edge topical skincare technologies to selected markets. Our business strategy consists of development, manufacturing, and superior customer service to contract manufacturing customers worldwide. A strong team approach to serve our customers is the basis of our mantra – “Partnering to deliver service through quality, integrity, and commitment.” Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, and Leadership? These are the core attributes we are looking for at Swiss-American CDMO, LLC. To see all of the opportunities currently available with Swiss-American CDMO, please follow this link in addition to exploring the opportunity that you have already selected below - www.swissamericancdmo.com/careers.
Compounding Team Lead, 1st Shift (6 am - 2 pm)
The Compounding Team Lead is a worker who leads a team of three to six other workers. Team leaders form the first line of support for workers who unlike their counterparts are the heart of improvement activities with responsibility for problem-solving, quality assurance, and basic preventive maintenance. Team leaders do not take disciplinary action and do not have a fixed production job. Rather, they provide support by knowing all the jobs performed by their team members so that they can relieve workers, fill in for absentees, or help workers who need assistance or are falling behind. They respond to problems such as filling in for absentees, ordering supplies when needed, and take the lead role in activities. They also use standardized work audit sheets to do daily checks of team members to make sure the team is following standardized work and to surface problems. The Team Lead is responsible for the production floor by taking a leadership role with employees and ensuring that finished goods are produced in a safe, efficient, timely, and compliant manner meeting all FDA, GMP, ISO, OSHA, contract customer, and SAP policies.
"Team lead" is largely "just one of the team".
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Able to understand Standardized Work for Labor, equipment, and material, and use it to achieve team safety, productivity, quality, and delivery targets.
- Practical knowledge of Plan-Do-Check-Adjust; an experienced production floor problem solver.
- Able to quickly master all team skills and train those skills to individual team members.
- Continually assess the work environment for safety and problems.
- Verify that all scanners are functioning properly.
- Helps maintain healthy communication between management and the team.
- A high level of responsibility, integrity, and discipline mixed with a positive attitude, a strong work ethic and team spirit.
- Able and willing to take direction, accept coaching, and work in a team environment.
- The potential to grow into a supervisory level position.
- Proficient with all jobs in the team. Able to perform and train individual team roles.
- Able to ensure Standardized Work is followed, and quickly identify any abnormalities.
- Evaluate manufacturing equipment for safety, compliance to validated specifications and functionality.
- Responsible for analyzing the Compound/Weighing/Material Handler areas for any issues and placing personnel in priority job(s).
- Communicates any downtime delays to the Compound Supervisor and alerts technical services when necessary.
- Reviews the weigh scales Daily Calibration Logbook to verify that all personnel are entering the correct information dating and initialing off. Sign off on the page when the log sheet is complete.
- Check each station at the start of the day to ensure that everyone has the proper tools to perform their duties.
- Ensure that all department employees are in uniform to include safety glasses, lab coat, shoe covers, and beard net (if applicable). Also verifies that each employee has a black pen, black sharpie, and a box cutter and is ready for success.
- Motivate workers to enhance production quantity and at the same time maintain high production standards.
- Review Pick Lists that have been weighed to verify that all chemicals have been weighed out properly.
- Oversee the weighers to ensure that batches are being weighed per SOP.
- Less than high school education; or up to one-month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some Computer skills required.
- Supervisory responsibilities limited to the Weighing Area.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive annual salary, an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K plan with company match, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.