BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Instructional Systems Designer – Mid
- Job Title
- Instructional Systems Designer – Mid
- Requirement ID
- North Fort Belvior, VA
- Other Location
- NGA Campus East
Employment Type: Full-Time
Provides expertise in adult learning practices and methods to develop and enhance instructional curriculum for instructor led, web based, performance-support, distributed learning, or any blend of these delivery methods. Possesses high attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office and eLearning authoring software. Has experience in research and identification of high-quality learning solutions within academic, industry, and government organizations which can be leveraged to address organizational learning needs.
· B.A., B.S. in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education, Distance Learning, English, or Human Performance Technology or significant commensurate years of relevant experience designing, developing, and implementing learning solutions
· Minimum of five years’ experience in an educational, corporate training, or professional services environment, with an emphasis on e-learning and multimedia technologies.
· Minimum Education/Experience: a combination of higher education and experience that comprise five years
· Experience in curriculum management and course maintenance
· Experience in the performance of all aspects of instructional design for classroom and e-Learning environments to include management of client deliverables within scheduling requirements against defined milestones and deadlines
· Experience in adult learning theory and student-centered pedagogy
· Ability to develop a basic subject-matter understanding through materials provided and individual research/collaboration with course/content stakeholders
· Demonstrated writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting of customer-ready materials.
· Strong oral and written communications skills
· Strong consulting and interpersonal skills; able to work in a team environment.
· Strong presentation skills and ability to work with senior leadership
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
· Demonstrated ability to design, develop, implement maintain instructional materials and solutions following defined processes to include structured courseware, job aids, and informal learning content
· Experience collecting, compiling, analyzing and synthesizing information to determine learning requirements and implementing learning solutions
· Demonstrated experience authoring and editing of web and computer-based training materials using Articulate Storyline software
· Ability to demonstrate an application of cognitive science and human factors engineering that apply to the design of web-based training
· Experience and/or familiarity with e-Learning standards, to include SCORM and Section 508 requirements, web usability standards and practices, and evaluation models to include Kirkpatrick
· Familiar with LMS, specifically Blackboard
· Experience in developing student centric products to include Performance Support solutions
· Ability to develop and maintain content to be hosted on learning management systems (Blackboard) or content management systems (SharePoint) as required
· Familiarity and/or working knowledge of the Intelligence Community and NGA.
· Attained industry learning related certifications such as ASTD CPLP, Kirkpatrick, Blackboard, and Articulate Storyline
· Ability to effectively communicate processes and procedures to faculty as they begin to leverage instructional technologies within curriculum
· Understanding and/or familiarity with the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accreditation standards and policies
Experience in developing and maintaining eLearning educational products using Articulate
Every candidate must be a U.S. citizen, hold a current TS/SCI level security clearance and take and pass a CI polygraph. Final authority for approval to brief is dependent upon NGA Security.
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome's range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life insurance, Paid Time-off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
1. Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
2. Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
3. Upload a Current Resume
4.Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (Including questionnaire, resume and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for the position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis or race, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, preform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case-basis.
- Required Skills