IT Business Reporting Specialist
First Century Bank has an exciting entry level career opportunity available. Initially, this position will have a rotational schedule, working from home for one week, and from the office the following week. Individuals with SQL knowledge and strong Excel skills will be taught to mine data for management business reporting, critical for organizational decision making.
First Century Bank has specialized in providing financial services through technology channels for our clients. The Business Reporting Specialist is a career opportunity which would facilitate the smooth operation of all areas of the Bank. The Reporting Specialist would be responsible for creating necessary management and monitoring reporting in Crystal, (or other reporting tools) mining data from SQL databases including ACH, Prepaid and other banking databases. Reports will be generated to ensure appropriate monitoring, policy management, regulatory compliance, risk management, and appropriate reconciliation as needed.
Duties will include performing each of the duties below:
· Maintains and creates reporting from databases.
· Responsible for troubleshooting user reporting issues/requests, as indicated through the bank's ticketing system. Escalating questions to management as needed. Applies knowledge to recommend changes to management to resolve issues.
· Creates queries and /or stored procedures to aid in the data mining of existing databases using appropriate tools.
· Maintains documentation for bank reporting systems and procedures as needed.
· Makes Teller Software (Co-Pilot) functionality changes for the bank and update coordination of the platform system, with assistance from the subject matter expert.
· Makes reporting system changes and updates and brings any necessary issues to manager's attention.
· Recommends enhancements to operational reporting procedures for both existing and new software products.
· Review daily reports of database loads, trouble shoot any issues with missed loads, work closely with IT and Programming to ensure correct data is loaded and verified
- Call attention to any issues with data integrity
o Provide first level Database maintenance, engage IT department support as needed for complex issues
· As programs/departments require new or enhanced analysis participate in the design and creation of efficient processes for collecting/extracting data to be used for comprehensive reporting. Recommend and contribute to improvements in distribution and management of reports.
· Maintain ticket trending reports and open ticket reports (Ensure appropriate evidence is collected and filed within the ticketing system (i.e. approvals, testing, and end user acceptance). Closing tickets once approved for closure)
· Membership on IT Steering Committee, Programming Review Committee
· Performs such other duties as may be assigned or which inherently or logically belong with the position.
· Exemplify FCB's values while carrying out its mission and organizational goals and priorities.
Qualified candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual should possess computer skills and have knowledge of MS Office Suite products, as well as expert capabilities using Microsoft Excel. Candidates should possess a high level of attention to detail, and strong troubleshooting and analysis skills. First Century Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Individuals wishing to be considered for this role should submit their resumes through the following link: