- Job Title
- Job ID
- CARROLLTON, TX 75006
- Other Location
Swiss American CDMO LLC is a topical drug, skincare, wound care, and medical device developing and manufacturing company founded to provide cutting-edge topical skincare technologies to selected markets. Our business strategy consists of development, manufacturing, and superior customer service to contract manufacturing customers worldwide. A strong team approach to serve our customers is the basis of our mantra – “Partnering to deliver service through quality, integrity, and commitment.” Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, and Leadership? These are the core attributes we are looking for at Swiss-American CDMO, LLC. To see all of the opportunities currently available with Swiss-American CDMO, please follow this link in addition to exploring the opportunity that you have already selected below - www.swissamericancdmo.com/careers.
The Buyer will Purchase Materials, of a specialized or complex nature in accordance with prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures. Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions, investigates and develops sources of supplies, issues bid requests, and reviews quotations. Interprets purchasing procedures to departments and vendors, as a specialist in assigned material categories, which require a degree of technical knowledge. This position requires the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Purchase materials such as raw, chemicals, and packaging materials.
- Creates and issues accurate, complete Purchase Orders up to $15,000.00 in value in a timely manner.
- Creates and presents Purchase Orders in any amount to be countersigned by Purchasing Manager.
- Authorizes payment of invoices or return of merchandise within the scope of authority.
- Interviews and confers with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine sources of trouble and take corrective action.
- Resolves discrepancies associated with purchases to management’s satisfaction in a professional and timely manner.
- Assists Purchasing Manager in identifying and selecting vendors to procure the material, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality, and delivery date and places orders.
- Updates records and files and secures samples, descriptions, photos, or information for departments upon request.
- Expedites orders and requests as needed.
- Reviews and approves documents generated by purchasing clerks for accuracy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience with Chemicals and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures, materials, products, and the commodity market in area of specialization, skilled in establishing and maintaining an effective working relationship.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as conversions, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Business Suite, email, contact management, accounting and Internet software
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. There are no physical demands for the position.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive annual salary, an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K plan with company match, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.