Production Supervisor, 2nd Shift (3 pm - 11 pm) - Bilingual Spanish and English Preferred
- Job Title
- Production Supervisor, 2nd Shift (3 pm - 11 pm) - Bilingual Spanish and English Preferred
- Job ID
- CARROLLTON, TX 75006
- Other Location
Swiss American CDMO LLC is a topical drug, skincare, wound care, and medical device developing and manufacturing company founded to provide cutting-edge topical skincare technologies to selected markets. Our business strategy consists of development, manufacturing, and superior customer service to contract manufacturing customers worldwide. A strong team approach to serve our customers is the basis of our mantra – “Partnering to deliver service through quality, integrity, and commitment.” Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, and Leadership? These are the core attributes we are looking for at Swiss-American CDMO, LLC. To see all of the opportunities currently available with Swiss-American CDMO, please follow this link in addition to exploring the opportunity that you have already selected below - www.swissamericancdmo.com/careers.
Production Supervisor, 2nd Shift (3 pm-11 pm) - Bilingual Spanish and English Preferred
The Production Supervisor, 2nd Shift is responsible for managing the Compounding Teams (including Chemical Preweighing) and Packaging Teams assigned in the Packaging II area. This position requires an understanding of the operating principles of the compounding equipment and the process flow of compounding batches. Additionally, the Production Supervisor is experienced with filling and packaging equipment with an understanding of finished goods production processes. The Production Supervisor is responsible for efficiently maintaining the scheduled production of bulk batching, filling, and packaging of products in accordance with FDA, GMP, OSHA, customer contract requirements, and Swiss American Products quality guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and maximizes production efficiency through proficient use of employees, software, and equipment.
- Provides practical knowledge of the compounding and/or filling/packaging processes for efficiency improvements as well as for validation purposes.
- Participates in Change Control processes/meetings to provide relevant input pertaining to compounding and/or filling/packaging.
- Ensures schedule adherence of batches and finished goods products while compliant with FDA, GMP, GDP, and safety.
- Ensures that all employees are working in a safe environment and in accordance with OSHA.
- Ensures proper training of employees.
- Ensures equipment is maintained, properly cleaned, sanitized, and properly tagged/documented.
- Ensures the physical environment of the production area is cleaned and documented.
- Ensures raw materials and components are accurately reconciled for item#, quantity, and release status.
- Ensures completed products, whether bulks or finished goods, are delivered to the proceeding process area meeting quality and safety requirements.
- Ensures products are made in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Applies Lean and 6S methodologies to processes for establishing standards.
- Researches and develops resources that create a timely and efficient workflow.
- Ensures that all non-conformances for raw materials, processes, and finished goods are documented and corrective actions are implemented when applicable.
- Ensures timely and accurate labor tracking and approval as well as scheduling employees' time off.
- Ensures that the disciplinary policies of Swiss American Products, Inc. are enforced consistently for all members of the departments covered under the position.
- Formulate procedures for the systematic setup, production. and changeover of products and production lines.
- Prepares staffing and production activity reports as requested.
- Coordinates activities with the Production Manager, Production Scheduling Manager, Compounding Scheduling Manager, and other departments to ensure that needs are met.
- Reviews and adjusts schedules, production reports, manpower, and staffing plans.
- Performs Non-Conformance investigations and reports for assigned areas.
- Able to assess and resolve issues that may arise during the shift.
- Manages conflict and prepares/administers employee counseling statements when warranted.
- Prepares Incident/Accidents investigations and reports when necessary.
- Participates in employee evaluations and reviews.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or minimum 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Inventory software, and Internet software. Experience with ProcessPro and TA100.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Certified forklift driver is preferred but not absolutely necessary.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive annual salary, an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K plan with company match, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.