A Mid-Atlantic based Ophthalmology and Optometry management services company.
Patient Services Coordinator
- Job Title
- Patient Services Coordinator
- Job ID
- Mechanicsville, VA 23111
- Other Location
This position acts as the patient’s first point of contact, welcoming them into the facility and providing a positive patient experience. Responsible for the check-in and check-out procedures, records management and other front desk duties.
- Answers incoming calls on a multi-line phone system, responds to inquiries, and makes outbound calls to patients promptly and courteously
- Organizes and maintains patient charts, including generating chart numbers, filing, and retrieving charts
- Registers patients and verifies patient records are up-to-date and accurate
- Makes appropriate changes in patient charts
- Works with scheduler to reschedule missed appointments and cancelations
- Verifies insurance information for services and procedures
- Collects and processes payments from patients
- Balances cash drawer daily
- Conducts daily reconciliation of cash report and monies collected
- Processes medical record requests
- Directs patients to the appropriate service or treatment areas
- Compiles new patient packages.
- Submits daily appointment confirmation report
- Educates patients on the use of patient portal
- Keeps facility and offices looking clean and neat
- Assists with facilities maintenance as requested
- Completes the company approved opening and closing checklist daily
- Completes other functions as requested by management
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong communication and out-going, positive interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Empathetic personality with attention to patient’s needs
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail; ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work as a team member and uphold organizational standards and values
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Excellent judgment, dependability, and diligence
- Demonstrated high ethical standards and integrity
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality
- Customer and patient service orientation: prompt response to patient needs and ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations with tact, empathy and diplomacy
- Professionalism: displays positive outlook and pleasant manner, does not instigate or participate in office gossip or negativity, keeps commitments, dresses appropriately and is well groomed
- Ability to work cooperatively in group situations; offer assistance and support to coworkers, actively resolves conflicts, inspires trust of others, and treats patients and coworkers with respect
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of high school education or GED. One year of office experience, medical or ophthalmology preferred. Ability to become quickly proficient on various computer and electronic health record systems, order processing systems, and word processing software.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk frequently; sit frequently; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls frequently; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear and communicate with speech clarity continually; climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend occasionally. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds occasionally and assist with patient transfers.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception.
Work environment: Setting typical of an ophthalmology medical practice with office type features. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to biohazard risks.