Legal VA Case Manager
- Job Title
- Legal VA Case Manager
- Job ID
- HOUSTON, TX 77007
- Other Location
Legal VA Case Manager
Our client’s law firm was founded on the principles of skill, integrity, and professionalism. They pride themselves on delivering exceptional personal service and unparalleled results in obtaining disability compensation for Veterans, claimants of long-term disability insurance and individuals who are disabled and eligible to apply for Social Security Disability or Supplemental Security Income.
As the Legal VA Case Manager, you will manage day-to-day activities of a large docket of Veterans Disability claims, including administrative duties, case development activities, providing support to the attorneys, and ensuring that the attorneys remain in compliance with VA rules and regulations.
- Complete case management responsibilities in the Firm’s cloud-based operating case management software, including data entry, calendaring, and task management functions
- Maintain communication with Clients, including “onboarding calls” for all new Clients, responding to Client questions and inquiries, and keeping Clients updated with the status of their claim
- Manage correspondence, including drafting Client correspondence using existing templates, responding to correspondence from Clients and courts, and processing all department mail, including decision letters
- Monitor, collect, and account for attorney fees due from VA
- Verify calendar and hearing assignments for attorneys
- Ensure compliance with VA appeal deadlines
- Timely submit necessary paperwork to VA
- Coordinate VA hearings, including all necessary correspondence and logistics
- Maintain regular and reoccurring contact with VA to check status of Client claims
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or equivalent certification; 2+ years work as a Case Manager; experience as a legal assistant/paralegal preferred
- Knowledge of Case Management software; familiar with MS Office; ability to type 50+ words per minute
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.