- Job Title
- Communications Coordinator
- Job ID
- WASHINGTON, DC 20005-4208
- Other Location
The Public Health Foundation (PHF), a national, non-profit organization dedicated to improving public health and population health practice to support healthier communities, is seeking a Communications Coordinator. You will coordinate and develop communications about PHF and help promote PHF’s programs and activities through a variety of outlets and channels, including PHF’s website, electronic newsletters, email and mail correspondence, in-person and remote events, multimedia, and social media. You will also provide coordination and ongoing oversight of PHF’s website, and be the primary liaison to Intelice Solutions, PHF’s website host
Since 1970, PHF has developed effective resources, tools, information, and training for health agencies, organizations, and individuals to help improve performance and community health outcomes. PHF works extensively to convene stakeholders, identify unmet needs, and link academia, public health practice, and healthcare sectors.
- Coordinate the process for the monthly PHF E-News and other email blasts, including formatting, editing, writing short pieces, and transmitting PHF E-News and other email blasts.
- Coordinate, maintain, and provide oversight of PHF’s website.
- Develop content for website and e-newsletters, under the guidance of PHF President.
- Liaison with vendors for PHF’s website, Constant Contact, and other communications services as needed.
- Train staff on adding and editing website content and using bulk email service and remote meeting/training service.
- Engage PHF’s customers and stakeholders through social media and PHF’s website (writing content and responding to messages), under the guidance of PHF President.
- Work with and assist PHF units to achieve coordination, consistency, and common voice in PHF’s communications.
- Track, analyze, and report on PHF E-News, website, and social media impact (e.g., views, clicks, feedback).
- Develop and maintain relationships with organizations to include PHF information/inserts in their e-newsletters, websites, social media, etc.; and update and maintain a database of communications contacts.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improving PHF’s communications.
- Maintain, revise, develop, and implement processes, job aids, and style manuals for PHF communications.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree. Major in Communications, English or related field desired.
- At least 5 years of experience in communications. Public health or health science communications experience a plus.
- 1+ years of experience using SharePoint for websites.
- Strong writing and editing skills, and overall attention to detail.
- Ability to perform collaborative work, develop relationships, and establish trust.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Working knowledge of HTML and website maintenance; database management; and experience with graphic design a plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a competitive salary, for that outstanding candidate!
The PHF staff has created an environment of strong organizational values of putting people first, excellence in the work we do, open and honest communication, and being supportive of one another. To learn more about our staff values, please visit our website at http://www.phf.org/AboutUs/Pages/Staff_Values.aspx.
Public Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.