- Job Title
- Scheduling Specialist
- Job ID
- LOUISVILLE, KY 40241-6162
- Other Location
Our client is an orthopedic practice designed to provide an unsurpassed level of care to patients. Their physicians are recognized regionally, nationally, and internationally for their skill and expertise by their peers and by their patients. Their focus is to help their patients regain their mobility, reduce their pain and discomfort while improving their quality of life.
As the Scheduling Specialist, you will greet incoming calls and schedule patient appointments for physicians, mid-level practitioners and ancillary services. Our client will rely on you to answer a multi-line phone system and act as operator routing calls as needed.
- Schedule and, as needed, reschedule appointments.
- Relay messages to clinical teams relating to scheduling.
- Verify established patient demographic and insurance information are accurate prior to scheduling appointments.
- Obtain new patient demographic and insurance information and enter into the Athena EMR prior to scheduling appointment.
- Maintain and update current information on physician’s schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled properly and appointments are confirmed.
- Collect voice mail messages and appropriately handling them.
- Create and maintain physician scheduling templates.
- Contact “no show” patients by telephone.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years scheduling experience in a medical office is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Customer service skills that demonstrate empathy, understanding and knowledge of patient concerns and questions.
- Must have knowledge and use of operation of standard office equipment including computer and other job-related equipment.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Systems is beneficial.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling protected patient information.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.