Medical Billing Specialist
- Job Title
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Job ID
- LOUISVILLE, KY 40241-6162
- Other Location
Medical Billing Specialist
Our client is an orthopedic practice designed to provide an unsurpassed level of care to patients. Their physicians are recognized regionally, nationally, and internationally for their skill and expertise by their peers and by their patients. Their focus is to help their patients regain their mobility, reduce their pain and discomfort while improving their quality of life.
As the Medical Billing Specialist, you will gather charge information, properly code services, procedures, diagnoses, and treatments, along with preparing invoices or claims for payment. This will also includes proper follow-up to ensure claims payment accuracy.
- Researches all information needed to complete the billing process including obtaining relevant information from providers.
- Codes information for procedures performed and diagnoses on charge entry.
- Keys charge information into an on-line entry program and coordinates with outsourced billing vendor on timelines and follow-up.
- Coordinates with Surgery Scheduler any pre-payments for surgery.
- Follows up with third-party insurance carriers on unpaid claims until claims are processed and paid or only self-pay balance remains.
- Processes rejections by either making accounts private and generating a letter of rejection to patient or correcting any billing error and resubmitting claims to third-party insurance carriers.
- Works with providers to ensure that correct diagnosis/procedures are reported to third party insurance carriers.
- Monitors claims for missing information and authorization/control numbers.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Communicates with clinical assistants, providers and other departments as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a medical office required.
- 2-5 years of prior billing experience in a medical office, hospital or health care organization preferred.
- Accounting experience a plus.
- Experience in scheduling patient appointments is beneficial.
- Experience and training in a medical office required
- Knowledge and experience of billing practices, policies and procedures.
- Completion of a medical billing and coding certificate program at a college or technical school is preferred.
- Computer skills including spreadsheets and proficient ability to use a calculator.
- Must have problem solving, time management and teamwork skills.
- Work requires continual attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.